X

91 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 katana 750

A guy said he would trade my ps3 for a 91 katana 750 with about 30k miles. He said it needs a starter. Think i should get it or is this gonna be a forever ongoing project??

id say if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is. but hey its sounds like an inexpensive way to start a project

Comment

Yea the same thing i was thinking but i want a bike and i think it would be a great project. It needs new fairings though. Is there any ohter years that have interchangable parts like the fairings??

Comment

89-97 is mostly all the same parts..
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

ok cool. So if i get some fairings off ebay from 89-97 ill be ok??

Also how would i clean the tank out?
          Last edited by 91katana_750; 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It depends on the condition of the tank. If you've got heavy rust I would suggest dropping in a length of chain and shaking it around to get off the loose stuff (or you can do electrolysis, do a search). Then buy a POR15 kit and coat the tank so you never have to worry about it again.

That being said, I'd be weary of a bike that I couldn't at least turn over. A bad starter could be masking much greater problems.
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Yea i agree with you but it will make a great project bike and the ps3 is only worth about 500 anyway.

Comment

If nothing else, working on a bike is a healthier hobby than video games, anyway! Think of the cost of parts as being about the same as buying all the latest games...

If the fairing is all there but just beat up you can repair instead of replacing it. (Do a search on fairing repair.) Also, rather than taking his word on what parts are needed, troubleshoot the bike for yourself. For instance, instead of a new starter, what it may need is a new solenoid or even just a new cable. If the bike has been sitting plan on having to clean out the carbs and replacing the tires.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

He told me its been sitting for about a year in a half but he said he just had the carbs rebuilt and never had any gas through them because he has lost intrest in the bike. Im going to get it because i dont play the game anymore and im more of a outside hands on kinda guy.

Comment

get it ... get it ... get it ....
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Ohh you better belive im going to get it. THIS FRIDAY

Comment

That's what she said!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yep a good choice grasshoppa! Go git it!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Definitely get it, whatever the problem is I'm sure you can get it running again (with the help of KatRiders of course )

Good luck with your new Kat
                            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Yes im sure i can get it running sense i am going to school for automoyiver mechanics and been working on cars for about 10 years . Im sure i can get it running and when i get it ill post some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X