X

Hey everybody possible kat owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everybody possible kat owner

So right now i own a 1993 gs500. I was looking on craigslist and found a 1992 katana 600 for $1000, owner says it runs good, it has around 15000 miles, im going to look at it today. $1000 is a pretty good deal right? Even if the plastics are beat up i could just make it a streetfighter right? would it still be worth $1000? oh ya it has a vance and hines exhaust....ill probly have to rejet for it

yeah sounds like a good deal, depends on how well it runs and if there's any damage beyond the body. Making it a naked bike takes some owrk but if of course possible. I figure the hardest part would be modifying the front headlights to naked
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

cant you fit a gs500 headlight bucket using some universal brackets?

Comment

$1000 is a decent deal if the bike is in good shape, with the plastics, ready to ride.

If it needs work, missing or severly damaged fairings, I would not go over $600.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          $1000 is a decent deal if the bike is in good shape, with the plastics, ready to ride.

If it needs work, missing or severly damaged fairings, I would not go over $600.

Krey
          I agree
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

well i went and test drove it, 2nd gear is out........how much would anyone pay for a bike like that?

Comment

Originally posted by tiptonmustang24 View Post
              well i went and test drove it, 2nd gear is out........how much would anyone pay for a bike like that?
              I would look at a different bike personally. Fix it if you have the time, but buyer beware.

Oh and if you do want to buy it and fix it, $500.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

2nd gear is a common problem with the kats, and I believe suzuki transmissions in general. You have to split the whole case to fix it, and in general isn't worth it. There's at least one guy around here who's done it, and said between him and a friend it took a weekend to do. To have a shop do it will cost more than the bike it's self. I got my pre 600 for 1k but it was in sound condition mechanically.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

well i found another 1994 katana for $1000 in my area im going to go check out tomorrow, ill let yall know how it turns out, ill probly be on this forum a lot if i buy it

Comment

Ah the GS was my first bike. I think $1000 seems semi-fair. Maybe 800.

Comment

Working...
                    X