• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some dumba$$ backed into my bike

bike_fender.jpg

Really sucks.
    Attached Files
    "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

do you know who did it? This could be a good time to dremmel the fender and make something cool!

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
      do you know who did it? This could be a good time to dremmel the fender and make something cool!
      Yep, that sucks..but I agree, when life gives you lemons....mod the bike
      sigpic

Comment

Been there, but I was on the bike when it happened. I was responding to an ambulance call with the volunteer fire department to help load a patient, following one of the quick response fire trucks down a dirt residential street. He passed the driveway he was supposed to turn in to and slammed on the brakes and hit reverse and floored the gas pedal (spinning tires) without looking. I had already stopped and was talking to the guy that had called us when he hit reverse, and was reving the engine and hitting my horn while backpedalling as fast as I could, but not fast enough. Took out my fender, and once the bumper locked my front tire, knocked the bike over breaking a mirror, and cracking the upper right fairing. Worst part is the "board of directors" claimed it was my fault that he backed into me, and refused to replace the $25 mirror when I asked them to. I already had another fender that came with the spare parts when I bought the bike. Looking back on it now, I should have went after their insurance and got the entire bike fixed with new parts and paint.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

parking lot or someone in the EASYPASS lane without an EASYPASS?

Comment

i know some people that know some people that break other people's legs
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

I'd double-check the related parts for damages (steering head, forks). Enough force to snap that plastic might mean enough force on the tire to do damages to the steering components.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

the pic almost makes the forks look bent to the left.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

man some people dont care much about other people stuff.... man my dad scraped a fender just enough to say there was a scratch and he went in to find the owner of the car just to let him know lol..... and every thing was fine after every one is happy... man hope its just the damage on the fender and nothing else.

Comment

Here's the initial Damage report

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Here's what happened. My landlord is a d*ckhead, and won't let me park the bike in the parking space that I have. Yes, I have a parking space but he won't allow a bike there. So I parked it on the street.

Not 2-3 days later I find a note in the mailbox from a police officer saying some guy backed into my bike and tried to take off. The bike was parked at the time, and I wasn't around, but fortunately the cop was.

Here's the initial estimate from the appraiser. For some reason they estimate labor at $35.00/hr. What is this 1970? :

2002 SUZU KATANA 600 MOTORCYCLE 599 CC BLUE Int:
                    VIN: JS1GN79A422103332 Lic: 5X4305
                    MA Prod Date:
                    Odometer: UNK
                    Condition: Good
                    Dual Mirrors
                    Clear Coat Paint
                    6 Speed Transmission
                    Aluminum/Alloy Wheels
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    NO.
                    OP.
                    DESCRIPTION
                    QTY EXT. PRICE LABOR
                    PAINT
                    1#
                    Repl FT WHEEL 462.99
                    2#
                    Repl FT FENDER1 149.48 0.5
                    3#
                    Repl RT FRONT DIRECTIONAL
                    4#
                    Repl RT SIDE COWL PANEL
                    Subtotals ==>
                    Parts
                    Body Labor
                    2.4 hrs @ $ 35.00/hr
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    SUBTOTAL
                    $ 1122.41
                    Sales Tax
                    $ 1038.41 @ 5.0000%
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    TOTAL COST OF REPAIRS
                    $ 1174.33
                    ADJUSTMENTS:
                    Deductible
                    "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

We could start a group of Katana vigalantes in Boston... maybe call it the
                      "Karma Kats"?

Here's a kiss to make your bike all better..... Mwaah.
                      '91 Katana 600, my knight in shining armor, very well loved and going to be well used...sigpic

Comment

I'd yank the landlord up by his jockstrap... It's none of his business what kind of street-legal vehicle you put in your parking space, once you paid for that space. He could turn blue at the gills before I stopped parking a legally tagged and running motorcycle in a parking space I'm paying for in my rent. Unless there's something more to it (such as your exhaust being loud enough to wake the dead and a 5 AM departure time for work).

=-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                          I'd yank the landlord up by his jockstrap... It's none of his business what kind of street-legal vehicle you put in your parking space, once you paid for that space. He could turn blue at the gills before I stopped parking a legally tagged and running motorcycle in a parking space I'm paying for in my rent. Unless there's something more to it (such as your exhaust being loud enough to wake the dead and a 5 AM departure time for work).

=-= The CyberPoet
                          Unfortunately in most states the landlord can decide what gets parked in their lots. The reasoning is that you're renting the apartment not the parking space unless otherwise underwritten in the leasing agreement. They were going to tow my car back when I first got my motorcycle because I decided to register it "inoperable" because of an oil leak and I didn't want to have to pay insurance on it. They told me that cars in their lot had to have current tags and not leak fluids and so I consulted a lawyer. The lawyer told me that they did indeed have me by the balls. I couldn't move till the end of my lease and they could tow any vehicle on the lot at any given time so long as they allowed 48 hours notice.
                          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                            ... They were going to tow my car back when I first got my motorcycle because I decided to register it "inoperable" ....
                            Inoperable falls into a different realm in my mind, but I see what you're saying in terms of legalities. I'd still have a lot of words with the landlord (pleasantly, but annoyingly time-consuming every single damn day) until he caved just to get me away from his door

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              Inoperable falls into a different realm in my mind, but I see what you're saying in terms of legalities. I'd still have a lot of words with the landlord (pleasantly, but annoyingly time-consuming every single damn day) until he caved just to get me away from his door

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              I still like your 1st idea. Snatch his butt out into that parking lot and Givim da ole POWER BAND treatment. Just make sure you get it on you tube after!!!
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                              X