X

Definatly need some more respect on the road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definatly need some more respect on the road

Today I was merging onto a road and I jumped behind a long line of cars along side a GSXR rider. We rode together for a few miles behind the other cars and when we reached a straight away the other rider proceeded to pass all the other cars while riding the yellow line. He didn't signal and sped up to about 75-80 when everyone else was doing 45-50. There were other cars coming the other way and the rider jumped back in line when the oncoming cars where about 40 feet away. Needless to say there were countless honks and alot of anger people.

I can't help but think that this is one of the reasons most motorcycles don't always get the respect they deserve. When someone sees a motorcyclist pull a bone head move like this they are gonna remember it. It sends a bad message about motorcyling and doesn't show any respect for other drivers. There needs to be more respect between motorcyclists and car drivers.
    2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Sure it is. But all we can really do is ride and act rescponsibly with other drivers.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Yeah, you're right, idiots give us all a bad name, and it doesn't matter if we're talking about two-wheeled idiots, political idiots, etc...

Times like that, all you can do is back off the car in front of you more for when the bonehead causes everyone to lock their brakes up... Sooner or later, it'll save you having an accident as well.

Backing off also gives you extra run-up distance if you decide you need to pass once the road is going to be clear again (and the road indicates a passing zone).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yep, riders like that just pizz me off, not long before they will be dead.
        sigpic

Comment

it only takes one stupid person to wreck it for the rest of us
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

what is it atleast a legal passing zone?

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
              what is it atleast a legal passing zone?
              It depends on your jurisdiction, but in most places, it's somewhere that the road has a dashed line (or a dashed line closer to you than a solid line). Generally solid lines are not to be crossed (some places use double-solid for this), while dashed lines indicate permissible passing zones (provided you stay within the law in all other senses: clearance distances, speeds, etc.).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                It depends on your jurisdiction, but in most places, it's somewhere that the road has a dashed line (or a dashed line closer to you than a solid line). Generally solid lines are not to be crossed (some places use double-solid for this), while dashed lines indicate permissible passing zones (provided you stay within the law in all other senses: clearance distances, speeds, etc.).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Yea, thats the laws here. But the OP just said he was on the "yellow line." He didn't state whether it was solid or not, that's why I asked.

Comment

it was a legal passing zone, a dash and solid line on his side so it is legal to pass, but this guy passed 6-7 cars with oncoming cars that where way to close to make a safe pass. he had to do 75-80 so he wouldn't hit the oncoming cars too.
                  2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Makes the rest of us look bad . This is why I TRY to be at least semi-respectful on the road . Kinda .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Me too !
                      sigpic

RIP CP
                      50th Anniv R6
                      95 Katana 600
                      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Salz07 View Post
                        Me too !
                        Yeah , it's nice of you to wave the cars around you as they catch up .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

riders like that is one big reason why my insurance went up this year

Comment

What was the speed limit? I don't want to sound like I'm advocating doing what he did. But I can't say I wouldn't be frustrated if I was in a line of cars going below the speed limit. If I saw the opportunity to pass I probably would, although 7 or 8 cars is a bit extreme.

Comment

people like that should have to give there bike to someone who deservs it and is responsable (like umm... ME!) you should almost have to take a test to see if you can even purchase it. Dealer- "Sry sir all we can offer you is a 50 cc scooter because you will be in the middle of the road doing dumb stuff"

Comment

Working...
                              X