X

I found a rider down today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a rider down today.

i found a rider today down in a ditch! by the grace of god his baseball cap was near the side of the road,witch is the only reason i saw him. when i looked back after passing the rider i could barley see his bike. i stopped the truck and ran to look at the bike when i heard a man cry for help. i coundnt believe there was some one next to this mangled up zx-1400. the man was badly injured and unable to move his legs! MY BROTHER RAN to the nearest house for help. they called 911 and came back to offer help. the rider was begging me to flip him over on his back. i knew better than moving him so i sat trying to comfort him till the paramedics arrived. after helping laod the man in the ambulance i left. i dont know how long he was in the ditch but i am glad i came along when i did. this is the very worst accident i have ever seen and it has really touch home at how fast things can go wrong. so please everyone wear you gear and stay alert. the man told me he was looking back to see were his hat had blown off his head. so all gear all the time would have saved this poor gentle man from possible being unable to walk again.

man yall saved that dudes life
    sigpic

Comment

thank god you seen him.man hope he turns out ok .thats always in your mind i ride alot by my self ,always wonder if any one would see ya in a ditch or stop to help ya !!!!!!
      • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

Great save... All of that over a hat... F the hat, watch the road
        ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

All gear all the time- Amen to that

Sweat can be cleaned from your skin, road rash cannot.

well, i dont think so anyway.

edit: Wtf about a hat? was he not wearing a helmet?
          charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

A hat????? A freakin hat????!!!!!! As much as I commend your efforts, that guy should make Darwin's list. What a tard. It's guys like him that drive up insurance rates.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

use to keep my baseball hat tucked behind windsheild
              lost my favorite one night on the highway , sucked past my head a lighning speed
              seen it everynight for weeks on the side of the highway, would not even bother stopping to try and pick it up

I came across a guy one night that lost it and hit a tree and back of a pickup
              he was screaming like a girl , tried to calm him down until the ambulance got there
              good for you for stopping ,staying calm and not moving him
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

So what was the deal with the gear (was he or was he not geared up?), and did anyone recover the bike?

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  So what was the deal with the gear (was he or was he not geared up?), and did anyone recover the bike?

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Where is the rest of the story?
                  2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

good eye finding him. Hope this story ends well for the rider.
                    2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

As a paramedic, I can say it sounds like you did all the right thing, graet job!!!
                      Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

Tnk God

Hey, thank God you people came along, I'm a 1st year ridder and have a Kat 600 1996, there's still a lot to learn, but I always wear my helmet, Thank God is mandatory here in Jersey, if it wasn't I'd probably be slaking off

Comment

I used to tuck the bill of my hat between the seat and gas tank (making it kind of like a tank protector. No issues, never came close to loosing it.

Glad you noticed him for sure. Sometimes it only takes a momentary lapse in judgement to make for a really bad day.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            he was wearing a tank top jeans and a hat. the hat is what he was looking back for when he had his accident. the man was looking back after his hat when his back tire hit soft dirt according to the rider. i have been in some sort of funk since the accident and will definetly ride to work in the morning just to get back on the horse. i know he is a local football and base ball coach as well as a operation desert storm vet. this has been a really tough thing for me to see. i just know that saftey has really hit home today. so please wear all your gear. and to top it all off he was less than three blocks from his home. so just riding to the corner store without my gear is deffinetly out of the question. (edit) yes his bike was recovered by friends.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                              he was wearing a tank top jeans and a hat. the hat is what he was looking back for when he had his accident. the man was looking back after his hat when his back tire hit soft dirt according to the rider.
                              AGATT...
                              Stupidity hurts...

=-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X