X

Tale of woe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale of woe

After waiting a week to get my gasket and stop the oil leak and on the same day of the repair I run over a nail and get a flat! What makes this worse is that it has been mostly raining here over the last month preventing me from commuting on the bike and this week is supposed to be clear. Man I tell ya....

Well at least it it got me to order the Metzler Z6s that many here recommend so that should be good. I put a plug in the tire so I could ride some but I am nervous about it.

BTW I ordered:

150/70ZR-17 - rear
    120/70ZR-17 - front

I hope those are correct because currently I have a 110/80 - 17 on the front.

Those will fit just fine.

Sorry about the bad luck... been there...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Those will fit just fine.

Sorry about the bad luck... been there...

Krey

Thank you so much. I can't wait to get them.

Comment

I bought a third-hand Suzuki gsx750es and the seller told me about six thousand miles later that as he recalled there were at least four plugs in in the back tire. I put a plug in the back tire of my first Kat also and never worried about it. You should be fine until and even beyond the time your new tires get there.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

depends on where in the tire it is .. and the patch plugs are best if you are going to do it
          so many roads so little time

Comment

Well I feel better now. Thanks all. I will just be careful.

Comment

Post back up when you get the Z6's on there and let us know what you're impressions of them are [i.e. - if they're as good as I always claim ]

Got the oil leak all fixed up?!?

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

you didnt state the year of your Kat where i could easily notice it but if you are replacing a 110/80 front you must have a Pre. your speedo will be off just a bit so look for one of them electronic speed limit warning signs. the ones that post the speed limit AND your speed. check your speedo against the sign to see how far and which way your speedo will be off. btw, I LOVE my Z6's.
                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  Post back up when you get the Z6's on there and let us know what you're impressions of them are [i.e. - if they're as good as I always claim ]

Got the oil leak all fixed up?!?

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  I will let everyone know what I think and thank you for the information on the tires.

I had to replace an old gasket. The manual calls the plate it was under the "starter clutch cover". It's tight as a drum now.

Thanks for the speedo advice DumbLuck. It's a 96, sorry I just assume everyone has looked at my photos.
                  Last edited by srj; 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                  X