• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Funny Not To Post

Like???? WTF????

What passport? Rule surprises Bush, Clinton

THE CANADIAN PRESS

Bill Clinton and George W. Bush admitted yesterday they had no idea the U.S. was implementing a new rule Monday that would require Canadians and Americans to have passports to cross the border.
    The former presidents were caught off guard during a 90-minute joint appearance in Toronto when moderator Frank McKenna, the former Canadian ambassador to the U.S., spoke about how Canadians feel slighted by the new rule.
    "I'll be frank with you Frank, I don't know about the passport issue," Bush told the crowd of 6,000.
    "I thought we were making good progress on using a driver's licence to cross the border. What happened to the E-Z card?"
    Clinton said he'd only heard about the passport requirement a day earlier, adding that in all likelihood most Americans were completely unaware of it as well.
    That could mean far fewer Americans coming to Canada, which would be bad for the economy and our relationship, warned Clinton.
    "I promise you, you have got my attention with this, so I'm going back home I'll see if there is anything else I can do," he said to cheers from the audience.
    "I'd like to hear Homeland Security's defence of the passport issue."
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Where have these people been hiding? They've been talking about this for a couple years now.

Comment

oh oh
      american economy in the tank and we are not the neighbors come and spend money
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

i thought this ruling happened on W's watch. he was unaware of this? guess that doesn't surprise me.
        www.umphreys.com

Comment

I didn't know they implemented this yet either. I thought they were going to hold off on it until they got that new card system done.

Ol' Dubya and Slick Willie are hanging out now, huh? That's like the Presidential version of The Odd Couple!
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I'm going to get one of the new driver's licenses here that has the passport stuff on an electronic chip, on the license
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the US Gov't has made the passport mandatory for entry effective June 1st.
              For those who travel only to Canada/Mexico/certain parts of the Caribbean/Bahamas via land & sea (not via air), you can use the US Passport Card (which is kind of like a "passport lite" and looks kind of like a driver's license, but issued by the passport office). The only states making "enhanced" driver's licenses with the passport-lite card features integrated are Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington state.

More details here:
              How to apply for or renew your U.S. passport if you live in United States

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet

Oh, and there's also a "trusted traveler card" (NEXUS) that speeds border crossings -- priority left-lane for crossings, etc. -- details here:

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Last edited by The CyberPoet; 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my new passport and birth certificate both got wet and the ink is not water proof
                Guess I need to replace both AGAIN
                Guessing they will not let me in if I give them it at the border
                Have the "new" Ontario driver licence card, anyone know if its valid border ID
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The province of quebec is also issuing a driver's license "plus" it can be use to cross the border by land. I still have a passport but I find it easier to just carry the driver's license while riding. Passport are too much theft targeted.
                  Guylaine
                  Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                    my new passport and birth certificate both got wet and the ink is not water proof
                    Guess I need to replace both AGAIN
                    Guessing they will not let me in if I give them it at the border
                    Have the "new" Ontario driver licence card, anyone know if its valid border ID
                    Canadian Info:

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X