Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Some fresh pics of my black beauty-before my new goods arrive!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some fresh pics of my black beauty-before my new goods arrive!

I haven't ridden in the past couple days because intermittent storms we've been having...happened to be off today, so under cloudy skies I went for a spirited run into the country!
    I got home and felt like taking pics before I install the new stuff. Soon will have a 2 Bros M2 Aluminum exhaust and Ivan's jet kit From what I hear I will be happy
    I will wh0re some more after install and maybe get a sound clip...
    Warning-lots of pics!

I am enjoying every second being back on a bike-approaching 2 months of ownership and over 2200 miles in between all the spotty weather...subsequently I am appreciating the Katana more and more. It really is a great all around bike...in the twisties, the straights, the everyday commuting whether highway or in town, all while being comfortable.
    I may need new tires sooner than expected... I am loving the Metzeler z6's the PO had installed, so I will get the new Interacts next time. Though I am reading they don't have original stock size so may need to go to 160 60 in the rear...I don't think it would adversely effect it much if at all noticeable, as the Bandit uses that size stock and I know some are running it with no problems....I expect the z6 interacts will be pretty sweet-anyone running those with a personal review?
    Thanks for reading!!
    Last edited by jettajake00; 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM.
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

Nice bike, and yeah, you need a new rear tire. Soon.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
        I think you needed that new rear about 2200 miles ago

How did you get the safety for that it looks real worn.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

it wasn't that worn when I bought it. They were recently replaced....maybe 1k+ or so on them I think....
          Except for my work commute, most of my driving is spirited, so I know that has a little to do with the wear....
          I also have been practicing on panic braking quite a bit, and I lock it up sometimes purposely because I like to know that I won't hesitate or fear and just roll on through it-gotten pretty good at it as you can see-actually makes me
          Now I know that you don't necessarily want to lock up, and I practice getting on the brakes without locking up too-but I want to make sure I can safely manage a lock up no problem, which would explain the shorter than usual lifespan of the tire...
          really if you rotate the tire a little bit it is slightly better... just happen to be on the worst spot of the tire for those pics....
          Last edited by jettajake00; 05-29-2009, 01:11 PM.
          vwvortex.com : jettajake00
          midmoriders.com :jettajake00
          Go Cardinals!

Comment

Looks nice!

Comment

Nice looking Kat. Same color scheme as my old one.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X