X

check this out....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check this out....

I order a tire from ?????????.com on Moday through the internet. Just to be safe, I called them to make sure everything was ok with my shipping info because I had it shipped to a "care of" business address, and I got a voice mail. It took them until Wednesday to get back to me. On Wednesday morning when they called, they said it had not been shipped yet but would go out that day. I expressed that I was disappointed with their claim of speedy shipping and I needed the tire for Friday because of a planned trip. So they told me I would have it for sure by Friday if I was willing to pay the extra for 2 day shipping. So I coughed up $36 more for 2 day shipping. Well guess what? It's Friday, and no tire has arrived. Now let me tell you, I was pissed. I sent a nasty email telling them I didn't want the tire now whether it was in transit or not and that I would be contacting Visa to cancel the payment.

Now here is the cool part. 10 mins later, I get a phone call from Chad, the manager of the company. Let me tell you, the conversation was a bit tense in the beginning, but we ended up being on the phone for 25-30 minutes. He started to inquire about the market here in Canada.I told him that even with the exchange and shipping, I was saving about $70-75 on my tire. Well, I am now a re-seller for ???????.com, if I am interested in it. He explained that shipping was slow because my specific tire is not a common one and they had to order it themselves. I know it is not common, and I told him that was an acceptable excuse. He also refunded my cost for the 2-day shipping and gave me his personal email and phone number. He offered me 15-20% off on tires, depending on the brand...as well as free shipping to me.

So...anyone need a tire?

FYI....I just got off the phone with the dealer here. The Metzeler for my bike cost $300 CDN with taxes included. I paid $147 CDN from this site....delivered.
    I was not about to tell Chad that I saved $153 on my tire or he might have been a little more difficult to bargain with...lol.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Umm hell yeah! I want Metzlers for my Kat..
    Would it be a wash you shipping them to me?
    In Texas that is..
    Z-06 please....

Comment

actually, shipping to Texas or any other part of the US would be very easy because they will dropship for me. Tell me what size you need and I will post you a quote.

You know what I really need? I need someone who can build me a website

Comment

These are the prices: (prices in black are retail....red is discounted)

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC FRONT 110/70ZR17 $140.95 $82.65

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC FRONT 120/60ZR17 $151.95 $86.76

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC FRONT 120/70ZR17 $150.95 $89.32

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC FRONT 110/80ZR18 $146.95 $86.76

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC FRONT 120/70ZR18 $154.95 $91.02

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 150/70ZR17 $184.95 $108.70

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 160/60ZR17 $182.95 $107.67

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 170/60ZR17 $186.95 $109.89

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 180/55ZR17 $211.95 $117.75

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 180/55ZR17 "B" $218.95 $126.29

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 190/50ZR17 $227.95 $133.72

METZELER Z6 ROADTEC REAR 160/60ZR18 $181.95 $113.74

Comment

so whats the site already....

Comment

now if I told you that, I would be slitting my own throat. I could tell you the site....and you could order from them directly, but it would be the same price. I sell for the same price as them.....I just get a commission on the sales. You would gain absolutely nothing by going directly to them.

So, you can understand my choice not to share that info with you.....or you should.

You could always do a google search if you really feel the need to know.

Comment

Hmmm
              Not too much different then other sites..
              However if you make some money on the deal then I'll happily send it your way..

Comment

actually, to be honest with you, I won't make much at all. maybe $10 a tire. Not a big amount at all. I just look at is as something to do and will try to work out a deal where I will get a free tire for each 10 I sell for them.
                With the rebult bike hitting the street at 200hp, for sure I will be going through tires like mad. I see this as a way to offset the cost of that.
                So ya....if you are willing to support a fellow KR'er for that, it would be cool

Comment

So I guess that means we won't be going for a ride this weekend...Hmmm..but I know who to call when I need some new tires. I'd rather a fellow Katrider get the commission than somebody else.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                    So I guess that means we won't be going for a ride this weekend...Hmmm..but I know who to call when I need some new tires. I'd rather a fellow Katrider get the commission than somebody else.
                    ya...sorry about that Chris, but for sure we will hook up soon. I could take off for a ride, but with a patch of canvas about the size of a quarter showing, I dare not venture off too far. However, if you and your buddies make it down this way, give me a shout. You have no idea how anxious I am to hit the street.....instead of buzzing around in the parking lot...as huge as it may be..lol

And yes....being a canadian, you will certainly save some coins on tires. spread the word to your other riding buddies as well. it is my ability to avoid custom and broker fees that will make it really practical for you canuks to buy tires

Comment

Stolen from another motorcycle forum
                      Hey thanks all for the Z6 ratings... I just put them on and I have to say for my 02 VFR these things are better then anything else I've tried yet. I commute every day 110 miles round trip with half the trip being in the mountains and the other half freeway. At 36k miles I've gone through two sets of M1-'s, a set of Z4's, a set 208 ZR's, a set of 020's, and I've tried the 012's. The Z6 sticks better then any of the other tires, it warms up right away, has the smoothest compliant ride and tracks the best over road irregularities. For the street I don't think you can beat this tire....
                      They sound like they are pretty good tires! Uh, Mojoe are these prices in Canadian or U.S. dollars?
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Mojoe,

what tire did you go with on the big Kat.

Second, have you ever tried to tighten up the mirrors on your
                        Kat-1100. My right side is a little loose. I was trying to figure
                        out a way to put in a nylon washer to tighten up the space.

Thanks Mike
                        'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR
                          Mojoe,

what tire did you go with on the big Kat.

Second, have you ever tried to tighten up the mirrors on your
                          Kat-1100. My right side is a little loose. I was trying to figure
                          out a way to put in a nylon washer to tighten up the space.

Thanks Mike
                          I went with the stock tires for the bike...the Metzeler ME55A Metronic 150/80-VB16. I have always had good luck with that tire. excellent in the rain....pretty good all around tire.
                          katman...the tire was $111.00 US....it cost me $147 cdn delivered to my us shipping address.
                          BTW...sold 2 this weekend....which is pretty cool.

Mike...the mirrors suck bigtime for that. over a course of 130k miles, my kat lost 4 mirrors. all 4 just simply fell off. they are weak at the pivot point. it is pretty hard to get anything in there because the shaft is like a rivet. there is no practical way to take it apart. what i did with one of mine cuz it was so loose, i screwed a small self-tapping screw in between the spring washers...or whater you want to call them. it stopped my mirror from bouncing around....then i lost the mirror not long after that anyway.
                          I actually went with a set of 88 mirrors ater that for my 92. they are different.....alot different. rugged as hell. they are half the price of the ones on the 93. they are a bit of a tight fit, but worth it in my opinion. the 93 mirrors look sharp, but really made cheap if you ask me.
                          here is what the 88's look like.

[img][/img]

Comment

Thanks Mojoe,

I sat and stared at the mirror trying to figure how i was going to tighten
                            it up. Then went to the hardware store and walked up and down the
                            bolt isle trying to figure out what to do. I came up with c-clips, 3 to
                            be exact. pushed them in-between the washer. That help stiffen it up
                            for now. I agree with the design of the mirror.

Thanks
                            'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

that is a good idea you used. the day i tightened mine up was a spur of the moment thing. i went for whatever i had in the garage that worked....hence the screw. the mirrow on my other kat needs firming up as well....I will try your method.

Comment

Working...
                              X