X

to rejet or not to rejet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to rejet or not to rejet?

ok ill get right to it my bike (96 kat 600)was purchased used so im not sure what the previous owner did to it but what i can see. so he has a full vance and hines headers and exhaust kit on it and thats it for what i can see and ill always use oem air filters so that will be stock if its not now when i change it. So my question is with only the exhaust and headers changed do i need to rejet. Im not lookin for any hp increase as i love the power where its at now (no complaints here) just enough to get up and go but low enough to keep me safe as i am easily temped if the hp is readily available.

If it's running fine and keeping you happy I'd leave it the way it is. As long as it's not being starved of fuel and you're not looking for more power you dont really need the jets.
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Chances are if it has a full system the PO already installed a jet kit. The problem if it does have a Dynojet kit is that removing the K&N if so equipped will really throw things out of wack. I would suggest checking one of the needles in the carbs to see if the PO did change that as well.

Tmod

Comment

is there any way of tellin if its already jetted without takin it apart?

Comment

Originally posted by jono237 View Post
          is there any way of tellin if its already jetted without takin it apart?
          Not really as you can drill out the A/F plugs and not change anything inside the carbs.

Tmod

Comment

cehck out your spark plugs . if they look good, don't sweat it
            thoughts create things

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
              Chances are if it has a full system the PO already installed a jet kit. The problem if it does have a Dynojet kit is that removing the K&N if so equipped will really throw things out of wack. I would suggest checking one of the needles in the carbs to see if the PO did change that as well.

Tmod
              Maybe. I got my bike used, with a Uni air filter and full Yoshi exhaust. Thankfully I pulled the carb's and found my main fuel jets were changed to 102's and 105's but I knew there was a problem when the bike bogged at 3000 rpm's. If your bike runs fine, the po may have actually done things right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                Maybe. I got my bike used, with a Uni air filter and full Yoshi exhaust. Thankfully I pulled the carb's and found my main fuel jets were changed to 102's and 105's but I knew there was a problem when the bike bogged at 3000 rpm's. If your bike runs fine, the po may have actually done things right.
                Wow...I sold my bike in Lexington...where'd you buy yours from lol

Wait nevermind, I think I had 115's.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

if it runs fine leave it alone ..or do you want worse mpg. and maybe a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Wow...I sold my bike in Lexington...where'd you buy yours from lol

Wait nevermind, I think I had 115's.
                    Got it in PA.
                    I got 116's in there now. Going back to 126's.

Comment

Would i need to rejet with only a exhaust and headers in the 1st place?

Comment

Originally posted by jono237 View Post
                        Would i need to rejet with only a exhaust and headers in the 1st place?
                        Yes.

Comment

Working...
                        X