No announcement yet.
X

Lookin to get a Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! For a guy of your size I would think the Katana is a nice choice. It's ironic since I'm 5'5" 140 lbs.. ok.. 145, jeeeez you caught me.

Comment

So is there a section for the ....i guess 3rd generation? ....whatever the last ones are considered. I'd like to see a few different color combo's. I like the dark metallic red/silver combo and the blue/white combo. More the red.

Which is good since all of my vehicles are blue. They used to all be maroon but i'm so tired of seeing everything blue i need somethin diffrerent. Maybe bumblebee yellow lol.

Comment

If you buy a 600, you will wish you had a 750 ~
        If you buy a 750, you will never wish you had a 600 .....

Enough said.

Welcome to KR

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by 4cylfun View Post
          Yea i highly doubt she'll be riding with me that often. Maybe a day every two - three weeks. Probably nothing crazy, just going through town or a country road. Nothing that requires a huge amount of power.

Whats the gearing on them like. Are they pretty torqy. I've been riding my triple for months with 30 hp and i think 22 ft. pounds of torque at 7K. The honda is completely different since its a 4 stroke but even it has a pretty small amount of power. Going to try my friends EX500 we fixed a few months ago tomorrow. Its a shy over 50 but i want to try something with a little mo umpf so i know just what a 70-80HP bike feels like.

I"ve seen a few videos where people can get a Kat to wheelie, doesn't look easy but that calms me. I don't want a bike thats so powerful when i crack it i wipe out in a parking lot. I also want a bike where the damn headlight doesn't dim with the signal is on lol. I would be a luxery to have a charging system that doesn't kill the battery when its below 2000rpms.
          Sounds like the Katana is perfect for you. Power wheelies are not a concern, it has crazy good road manners, and is comfy.

As for the turn signals dimming the headlight, my 93 did that. It was fun, the lights go dim until you rev the engine a bit
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
          X