X

Please Help In Kansas City!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help In Kansas City!!!

Is there ANYone in the Kansas City metro area that can help me??? My bike is not running, just suddenly stopped a few days ago. I am getting NO spark to the spark plugs, I have already replaced and run a poor man's test on the signal generator, as well as tested the coils. My fear is that it is the CDI. Is there ANYONE in my area that would be willing to simply come over, pull their CDI and plug it into my bike so that I can verify if it is my CDI that is shot? Please, I am at my wits end, and I dont want to waste a ton of money on a new CDI only to find out that it wasnt the problem. Thanks!

Michael
    "Oh Waiter... I think I'll have the Chocolate Soup for the Scizophrenic Soul..."

I live in KC north. I am willing to help you with your bike, not sure and willing to pull parts though.

drop me a PM if you like
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Hey 40Something... I sent you a PM response. Man, I REALLY appreciate your response to my thread and all your help!
      "Oh Waiter... I think I'll have the Chocolate Soup for the Scizophrenic Soul..."

Comment

Ok everyone, we have determined that 40something's CDI isnt compatible with mine, though he has been an immense help. Does ANYONE else have a 1998 thru 2003 CDI that we can use to test this? I have tested the input to the CDI and it is within range, so there shouldnt be any reason for concern about it ruining your CDI. Please contact me with any help .. THANKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jumper69 View Post
          Ok everyone, we have determined that 40something's CDI isnt compatible with mine, though he has been an immense help. Does ANYONE else have a 1998 thru 2003 CDI that we can use to test this? I have tested the input to the CDI and it is within range, so there shouldnt be any reason for concern about it ruining your CDI. Please contact me with any help .. THANKS!!!
          We still working on it tonight?
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

What are teh numbers on the side of your CDI box. I have a spare suzuki CDi, But nnot sure its compatable with yours numbers are 32900-31fjo Its off a bandit, so I am not sure it will fit, But its a 2004 without TPS.
            Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

The one on Jumpers Kat is part number 32900-08FM0

racedraper and I went over last night to help him out. We confirmed that no spark is getting to the plugs. T-Shot it down to 2 issues. One - CDI bad (most likely) and two - when testing continuity from the coils we got none from the ground wire.

We tried a manual ground from coil to battery negative post still got no spark so best guess is the CDI.

If anyone has an extra let him know.

Comment

Working...
              X