X

Question about Moose Chain Scrubber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Moose Chain Scrubber

Hey guys, I was looking into getting one of these, but they come in 2 sizes: there's one for a 520 chain and another one for a 525/530 chain.

If I still have a stock chain on my 2000 Kat 750, which one should I get?

Thanks!
    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Thanks, Beek
      "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

MD86 has one he wants to trade for a Moose Gunk Brush...
        Work a trade

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

They definately come in real handy, we used it several times recently.

Comment

What sise doe I need for a 1993, any tips on using one, my chain is looking nasty! I checked the stretch on it while switching out the tire and that seems fine. The sprokets didn't seem to have ecessive wear either, when I put the tire back on I may have made the chain to tight, it feels good but I get a little more sound when the engine noise is down. I've also noticed if the chain gets loose it rubs on my center stand. Any chain knowledge you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
            93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Comment

you wont regret getting a grunge brunsh in my opinion i love mine
              The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

KYKatowner

(A) Your rear wheel may not be straight compared to the chain path... you can't trust the rear alignment plates at all (but if you have to -- push both of them forward as much as possible when doing the alignment). A chain alignment tool is far better.

(B) You can learn a lot about chains here: MotorcycleAnchor.com - understanding chain wear and maintenance. Yes, it's my site.

(C) Slightly too loose is far better than slightly too tight. A chain that is too tight will stretch itself quickly to compensate for that over-tightness, ruining itself in the process.

Good Luck!
                =-= The Cyber_Poet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks Cyberpoet, what kind of tool do you use if you can't trust the guides on the side of the swing arm and what size moose scrubber do I need for a 93 750 Kat? Thanks for all the advice, and the link.
                  93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Comment

Originally posted by KYKatowner
                    Thanks CP, what kind of tool do you use if you can't trust the guides on the side of the swing arm and what size moose scrubber do I need for a 93 750 Kat? Thanks for all the advice, and the link.
                    Chain alignment tool, by MotionPro. Available via any dealer, most mail order shops and even JC Whitney....

Oh, and the chain is a 530 chain if it's stock size.

Cheers
                    =-= The CypherPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X