No announcement yet.
X

has there ben a rash of bad luck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lost a rider from our local group (I never met the guy) but it still hits home.

Comment

We had a rider go down on our group ride last Sat riding a cruiser. Luckily he wasn't hurt too terribly bad. He had on the typical cruiser badazz skull cap, but hit his face hard enough to break his glasses, which left 2 small cuts on his nose. His chaps did their job since it was low speed into a roadside ditch, but the leather vest (with Sturgis patches and all) and T-shirt obviously didn't protect the tatoos on his arms from rash. He also may have a few broken ribs, haven't talked to him since we got back, so don't know if he went to get checked out or not. He panic'd comming into a turn, and hit the rear brake to hard skidding straight off the corner. My friend ws behind him and mentioned the guy had already crossed way over the double yellow lines about 4 turns earlier so he had backed off a bit to make sure he wasn't "pushing" him to go too fast.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I know that all too well yes yall do please be careful. There have already been a few fatalities around here too.
        Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Ditto on the time of year deal. Just everyone be careful and keep your head about you. Also don't only ride within your means, but ride appropriate for the road conditions. I put mine over because I was pushing it way too hard on a road I knew had a bad rap for loose rock.
          I was wearing my gear though so I was able to get up and ride away.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Working...
          X