X

has there ben a rash of bad luck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has there ben a rash of bad luck

wow seems like summer kicking in and alot of bikes down and such ...becarefull guys , cagers dont give a crap about bikes in there way

We have had a few riders killed here already locally. Also, this evening we had one of the local forum members crash into a guardrail while riding the twisties. He is hurt really bad but alive.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Everyone needs a little reminder to stay safe out there...

Keep your head and eyes up and ride within your means...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Always seems during the start of the summer season that more riders get hurt. With more weekend and out of state drivers on the roads, use extra caution!
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

It's not always the cagers fault however. This was from a week ago in council bluffs Iowa. That helmet really did him a lot of good. Plus I'm sure that he would have looked cool passing on one wheel. Should have taken the craigslist stunting lessons.

"A motorcyclist was killed early Thursday morning in a crash on East Kanesville Blvd in Council Bluffs. He was not wearing a helmet.
          Police have identified the victim has 40-year-old Christopher Feller of Council Bluffs.
          A witness tells police she was east on Kannesville Blvd when Feller sped up to pass her. The witness says Feller went up on one tire, but lost control and hit a curb.
          Feller was thrown from the motorcycle. Paramedics responded to the crash, but pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
          He apparently had a helmet, but it was still strapped to the bike. Iowa is one of only four states that does not have a helmet law."
          Semper Fi
          1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
            "Iowa is one of only four states that does not have a helmet law."

Having a helmet law that doesn't require you to wear a helmet is not worthy of mentioning, eh?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I don't know about bad luck...I think it is jus the time of year. Alot of new riders out learning and ending up making mistakes. Some more costly than others.
              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                Alot of new riders out learning and ending up making mistakes. Some more costly than others.
                Yep, and a lot of not totally new riders are out pushing to get their skills up (like me) and when you push the limits to get better, somethings gonna happen eventually. More bikes on the road inevitably means more accidents too, I see them everywhere now.

When I bought my Katana in 2007 I was one of the only sportbikes around here. Now all of a sudden they are everywhere, economic recession my a$$
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

So he went up on one wheel passing a car. No amount of gear in the world can save you from your own stupidity.
                  sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Well. One died here last wednesday. 21 year old baught a open class honda.(Pretty sure it was a 954). He baught it with settelment money from his dads death in a bar fight the day before the wreck. From what I gather he was running at a HIGH rate of speed and swerved to dodge a rabbit or something. Laid the bike down and wrapped it around a telliphone pole. So around here it has been a little interesting also.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

i hope all the accidents just serve to remind us all s#$t happens. be carfull out there and wear all gear all the time.

Comment

We've had several bikes down out in West Texas in the last month...one in particular was an older lady (65) riding on the back of her husband's Gold Wing. The back tire went flat at 70 mph, the bike swerved, and they went over. She wasn't wearing a helmet. Makes me want to check the air pressure more often. Gear up and ride smart...we don't want to be writing about you or me.
                        Last edited by zuma; 05-24-2009, 05:39 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                          i hope all the accidents just serve to remind us all s#$t happens. be carfull out there and wear all gear all the time.
                          I got hit by a cop and moved out of the country with the settlement funds. Gear saved my life and kept me from turning into a crippled vegetable. . . and I was lucky at that. Gear is NOT an excuse to be wreckless, but your odds are definitely MUCH better with gear than without. *Stuff* does indeed happen.
                          WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

its like a few a week now ,....look out guys .road rage and hot weather is just around the corner

Comment

Notice what I highlighted in RED. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET!!!!!! I can't stress that enough.

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
                              It's not always the cagers fault however. This was from a week ago in council bluffs Iowa. That helmet really did him a lot of good. Plus I'm sure that he would have looked cool passing on one wheel. Should have taken the craigslist stunting lessons.

"A motorcyclist was killed early Thursday morning in a crash on East Kanesville Blvd in Council Bluffs. He was not wearing a helmet.
                              Police have identified the victim has 40-year-old Christopher Feller of Council Bluffs.
                              A witness tells police she was east on Kannesville Blvd when Feller sped up to pass her. The witness says Feller went up on one tire, but lost control and hit a curb.
                              Feller was thrown from the motorcycle. Paramedics responded to the crash, but pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
                              He apparently had a helmet, but it was still strapped to the bike. Iowa is one of only four states that does not have a helmet law."
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X