X

Squid or Half Squid - You decide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squid or Half Squid - You decide

Yesterday I was on my way to work riding my Kat when I noticed another rider on a R6. He was dressed in helmet, riding jacket, gloves, riding boots and shorts.....

I had to laugh at all the protective gear except for his legs. Still laughing about this one as he looked pretty funny.

Your opinions all squid or just a half one.....
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Partial squid
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

To me it would depend on how he was riding. If he looked like he was out of control and looked likehe was ready to crash anytime, then he'd be a squid reguardless of whether he had on full gear or not. Squid's not a fashion style it's a lack of riding skills.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
        To me it would depend on how he was riding. If he looked like he was out of control and looked likehe was ready to crash anytime, then he'd be a squid reguardless of whether he had on full gear or not. Squid's not a fashion style it's a lack of riding skills.
        I think he's referring to the fact that the R6 rider was wearing shorts. Personally I don't care what type of riding you're doing, shorts are NEVER a good idea on a bike. Even if you don't go down, there is always the rocks and debris that always seem to fly up and whack you on the leg.
        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Maybe he just doesn't like his legs?
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Shorts=bad idea on any bike ANY time.

I will admit this..I rode up to the gas station last summer one time...in shorts. Never again will I do it. I was riding normal, no speeding, showing off, etc..and I did not crash.

What I did do, was touch my calf to my hot can as I was getting off the bike back at home..burned the crap out of my leg.

ATGATT!
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

HHAHAHAHHA!!! i can relate to sasquach..... i was just pulling my bike in to its cramped parking space with shorts and burned my leg. i have to wear a freakin suit when i go near the bike.
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Of course he's a squid...he's riding an R6...duh
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I bet he looked kinda silly. maybe there was a reason he was wearing shorts? pants soiled or damaged and had shorts to get home?

I wouldn't wear shorts personally but I do like to take leisurely rides in tank tees. sorta like cruising in a convertible with the top down. when commuting or if I'm gonna hit the twisties I gear up.

Comment

squid. maybe he thinks getting rocks scrubbed outa your legs doesn't hurt as bad?
                    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                    90 GSXR 750/1216
                    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Of course he's a squid...he's riding an R6...duh
                      Hey! thats not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                        Hey! thats not nice.
                        I KNEW you were gonna see that eventually

All in good fun bro, Big Four rivalry RULES!
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I can't be too hard on him. Yea, its stupid, but I honestly don't wear armored pants. Not because I don't want too, but because I'm a fatass and find it hard enough to find regular jeans that fit me well. I would never ride in shorts, though, that's for sure.

Comment

Oh man. My first bike was an old honda cb500. Had the muffler on both sides. I was wearing shorts and as i rested it on the kickstand once, it leaned against my leg and i either had to push the bike back up or swing my other leg over to get it off. I had some skin sizzling on the pipes after that. Now I have a spot on my leg that doesn't grow hair. Learned my lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              I KNEW you were gonna see that eventually

All in good fun bro, Big Four rivalry RULES!

Sadly, theres atleast a 50/50 shot he is a squid cause hes on an r6. Could be worse though, it'd be like 80/20 if he was on a gixxer.

Comment

Working...
                              X