X

Squid or Half Squid - You decide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post

Sadly, theres atleast a 50/50 shot he is a squid cause hes on an r6. Could be worse though, it'd be like 80/20 if he was on a gixxer.
    Speaking of R6's I was in lincoln last weekend while riding and came across a guy on one doing a burnout at a red light, then takes off like a bat out of hell doing a wheelie, then slams his brakes on b/c of traffic. Wasn't you was it??????
    Semper Fi
    1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

OMG! I saw the same thing a couple days ago at the AM/PM.
      Dude had a new Arai helmet, AStars jacket (expensive one), AStars SM-X boots, and shorts... on a first gen Ninja 250.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
        Speaking of R6's I was in lincoln last weekend while riding and came across a guy on one doing a burnout at a red light, then takes off like a bat out of hell doing a wheelie, then slams his brakes on b/c of traffic. Wasn't you was it??????

was it blue?

Comment

Originally posted by primal View Post
          I can't be too hard on him. Yea, its stupid, but I honestly don't wear armored pants. Not because I don't want too, but because I'm a fatass and find it hard enough to find regular jeans that fit me well. I would never ride in shorts, though, that's for sure.

Look into Fieldsheer. I had a pair of 44" pants from them and they were way oversized. . . it was a cordura overpant with mesh parts throughout. Those pants survived two wrecks; one in which my bike was totalled. I had ZERO rash in both occassions, and generally you are not supposed to reuse gear. . .

If I recal correctly, they had sizes all the way up to 50"
          WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
            Maybe he just doesn't like his legs?
            but then why wear the boots? if he doesn't like his legs, so what, but then why bother wearing the boots. maybe he plans on losing his legs, and donating his feet?
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTJ View Post
              but then why wear the boots? if he doesn't like his legs, so what, but then why bother wearing the boots. maybe he plans on losing his legs, and donating his feet?

Maybe he has dual prosthetics already??
              Last edited by kevin2502000; 05-22-2009, 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

saw a clown pulling up to a light wearing a white T shirt and a black vest maybe 19 short guy he was trying to talk to a person in the car behind him before he stopped ..when stopped his hands are going up like hes cathing rain drops and listing to music short of standing on the seat and dancing . so the next light the same and a stoppie -o course a gsxrrrrrr

Comment

Squid . He's showing people he can afford the gear , but has no clue what it's for , apparently . Otherwise he'd have something OTHER than shorts on .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I see a lot of people wearing shorts, screw that!!!

Why the heck would someone wear all the other gear with shorts??
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                      was it blue?
                      No, it was a very pretty red.
                      Semper Fi
                      1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Originally posted by djct_watt View Post
                        Look into Fieldsheer. I had a pair of 44" pants from them and they were way oversized. . . it was a cordura overpant with mesh parts throughout. Those pants survived two wrecks; one in which my bike was totalled. I had ZERO rash in both occassions, and generally you are not supposed to reuse gear. . .

If I recal correctly, they had sizes all the way up to 50"
                        Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into them.

Comment

I have to admit I occasionally wear shorts and no helmet. Why? During my lunch break at work I sometimes go running behind some nearby businesses. When I'm done, I'm really hot, so I'll ride and grab some lunch in my running shorts and no helmet instead of changing back to my work pants. I take my helmet with me so I can put it back on when I cool off, but I usually don't wear it immediately after running.

It comprises a very small percentage of my total riding time. While it is a risk, I take it easy and feel I've brought the risk down enough for me to be comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
                            No, it was a very pretty red.

Phew, then it wasn't me. I don't do silly things lke that anyway, I spent way too much on my tires to waste them.

As for gear, can anyone recommend a good summer jacket? I'd like to always wear one but when its hot and humid in the summer its just too unbearable to wear what I've got now.

Comment

As for gear, can anyone recommend a good summer jacket? I'd like to always wear one but when its hot and humid in the summer its just too unbearable to wear what I've got now.[/QUOTE]

I wear an ICON mesh jacket w/ lining out, but i'm also in New Mexico where humidity is near 0

btw....total squid, not that I haven't (and continue) to do stupid things, but really to go half *** and not put on pants? MAJOR squid, if you're going to wear shorts, go with a tank top, dew rag and cheap sunglasses (also flip-flops)!

if I post 3 posts in a single thread, does that make me a post *****????
                              Last edited by PepeBouchard; 05-23-2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              sigpic
                              Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Thats a squid.

Originally posted by Marksf8 View Post
                                if I post 3 posts in a single thread, does that make me a post *****????
                                No, it does not.
                                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X