X

katana oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana oil

i would like to know the fuel capacity for a 01 katana 600 i recently purchased the bike and i am still figuring it out, but its time for an oil change i have the oil but i dont know how much to put in her. Help me out.
    sigpic" MY WAY IS THE HIGHWAY"-------GOD!!!!!

I believe it's 3.8 quarts if you're not replacing the filter and 4.1 if you are replacing the filter
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Also depends on how long you allow the oil to drain. Best course of action is to refill with 3.5 L, fire her up and run a few minutes, then shut her down, place on center stand, and recheck your level after 10 minutes or so - add as needed to have oil level somewhere between "add" and "full" marks on the sight glass.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
        i would like to know the fuel capacity for a 01 katana 600
        Fuel?
        5.1 gallons of gasoline for the standard model, 4.7 - 4.9 gallons for the California modesl.

Originally posted by JCM View Post
        i recently purchased the bike and i am still figuring it out, but its time for an oil change i have the oil but i dont know how much to put in her. Help me out.
        Buy 5 liters, leave the drain plug out over night, expect to use 4.1 - 4.3 liters in conjunction with an oil filter change.

Check your owner's manual for the right way to read the oil level (it's probably not what you expect).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X