Post carbs on a pre 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post carbs on a pre 750

Has this been done? Can this be done?

Yep, do a search for 750 carb swap. You don't use the throttle position sensor on the post carbs.

See thread here. The thread's for a 600 but you'll get the idea.
    Last edited by Trackerrrr; 05-20-2009, 02:02 PM.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

As long as the intake from the head will fit on the 98+ carbs, and the airbox boots will fit on the 98+ carbs, it's a bolt in operation.

You'll need to plug one of the outlets on your pre-98 petcock. I used a vacuum cap and a tie wrap.

You can leave the TPS on the carbs, you just won't be plugging it in (and it won't matter since your pre-98 CDI isn't looking for TPS input anyway). And just use one throttle cable..

Comment

I told you on your WTB thread this will work pre and post are both 36mm CV carbs. No, DO NOT plug a fuel outlet on the petcock. Run 2 lines off the petcock and "T" them into 1 line. BTW, I put 36mm RS carbs on a head suited for 32mm CV carbs. ANYTHING can be done Considering the carb swap thread that Trackerrrr posted is mine. I can safetly say I know WTF I'm talking about
        Last edited by arsenic; 05-20-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

the link is right but need to use the post back cable if usin 1 cable(unless po changed my cable it wasn't long enough to work on post carbs)

Comment

Working...
          X