X

Exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

Not really sure where I should have posted this, but I have a question. When I purchased my bike last year the guy I bought it from had installed a Yoshimura pipe on the bike in place of the stock pipe. He gave me the stock pipe when he sold me the bike. My question is - is this something that someone would buy, or do most people only want to install custom exhausts? If it is something that is wanted, what is the best avenue for me to sell it? Craigslist, Ebay, etc.? It is just taking up space in my garage, and if I could get something for it that would be great. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

stock pipes don't sell. Put it on ebay for $9.99 and if it sells consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      stock pipes don't sell. Put it on ebay for $9.99 and if it sells consider yourself lucky.
      I saw one seller selling a stock exhaust for $100. I thought "he's gonna have that exhaust for awhile".

I would say the only reason to keep it is if you have vehicle inspections and that you would be cited for modifying the exhaust. Therefore, you could swap the Yoshi for the stock can for the inspections then swap back.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Another reason to keep it is for future resale. Pull the Yoshi, sell it for a couple hundred, and sell the bike with the stocker on it. Custom accessories are worth almost nothing if they are actually on the bike.

I've actually been shopping for a mint stocker, so I can put that one on and then hack up my old beat to death stocker to transform into this:

Last edited by scottynoface; 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I sold my stock exhaust. Not much profit but it cost a fortune to ship that monster.

Comment

I was given the stock exhaust to mine when I bought the bike. Now it sits in the corner of my garage (that little area just between the garage door and wall). I am just waiting for someone local to need it so I can give it to them.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

I picked up a stocker for $25 shipped off flea bay , for that price if she goes down on that side or I sell I will put it on
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and info. Too bad really, I was hoping to hear I would easily be able to sell it and get some decent money for it. Oh well.
                "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

If ya want money then sell the Yoshi

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                    If ya want money then sell the Yoshi

Comment

Just wanted to make some money off of what I had sitting around. The Yoshi stays where it is! I know you can appreciate that Drekat

sigpic

Comment

unless you stumble apon someone lookin to do a stock rebuild of a wreck your gonna be staring at that thing till ya either give it away or toss it yourself!
                        Joker
                        The newest addition to the Family!
                        sigpic
                        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipster View Post
                          Just wanted to make some money off of what I had sitting around. The Yoshi stays where it is! I know you can appreciate that Drekat
                          Love my Yoshi :

Comment

Working...
                          X