X

wrecked the KAT today I'm OK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrecked the KAT today I'm OK

Well I was going about 45mph around a turn and I guess i didnt lean far enough a got off in the grass which was wet and BAM hit the ground slide for a few feet.

My leg and hand was cut up alittle but nothing bad. The bad thing is my wife was in her gage (jeep) behind me a seen the whole thing. No she doesnt like the bike.

I told her it was operater error. she was cryin. I pushed the Bike back up to the road gave it alittle throttle and she started right up and I countinued on my merry way.

But to all the none helmet belivers out the. Today Mine did its job. If I didnt have my helmet on I dont think I would be at home right now I would prolly be in surgery or worse.

Oh yeah the bike is ok just some scratches and alittle piece broke on the fairing.
    2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

glad you're ok. yeah, they make helmets for a reason!

Comment

Thank the Lord that you're ok. Too many fellow KR members have been going down lately.
      We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

man that sucks, great to hear you are ok
        sigpic

Comment

Glad that the bike is all that got damaged!!!
          pveity = 100%

Comment

Originally posted by amazinkat View Post
            Well I was going about 45mph around a turn and I guess i didnt lean far enough a got off in the grass which was wet and BAM hit the ground slide for a few feet.

My leg and hand was cut up alittle but nothing bad. The bad thing is my wife was in her gage (jeep) behind me a seen the whole thing. No she doesnt like the bike.

I told her it was operater error. she was cryin. I pushed the Bike back up to the road gave it alittle throttle and she started right up and I countinued on my merry way.

But to all the none helmet belivers out the. Today Mine did its job. If I didnt have my helmet on I dont think I would be at home right now I would prolly be in surgery or worse.

Oh yeah the bike is ok just some scratches and alittle piece broke on the fairing.
            Yeah I lowsided 2 years ago had some scratches and a tiny crack on the low fairing and had to get the whole side re-painted at least your ok and the Kat as well

Comment

I wanted a custom paint job anyway.
              2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Comment

You were just looking for a reason to get a new paint job....

Glad you are OK
                ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Glad to hear your ok. Gear works and everyone should wear it, ALWAYS!!!
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Take it easy out there, bro. I am glad that you are OK. From your wife's reaction, you got some work to do. Women don't see that as a simple mis-calculation, they see the next time being worse so take it easy with her as well.
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Stand up, take a bow, motor on. Bad azz!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Dankid View Post
                          Too many fellow KR members have been going down lately.
                          Tis the season .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad you are OK.

Give your wife some time and I'm sure she will come around.
                            And absolutely ATGATT, I'm pretty sure my helmet saved my life when I had my lowside about a year ago.
                            Actually my wife was very understanding even tough I went down pretty hard.
                            She never had a problem with me riding again, maybe because she rides the Kat herself.
                            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                              Give your wife some time and I'm sure she will come around.
                              Not necessarily ..... But do what you can .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X