X

Identifing: Random holes in fairings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifing: Random holes in fairings.

Was always curious about these holes in my fairings they seem to do nothing but Im sure they are there for a reason. If I would have thought about it I would have filled them in when I did the body work. Anyone know what they are for?

Second picture: Under the black discs, I glued plugs into the holes to hide them.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

the first one is the site for the rear master cylinder, the second, I have 0 clue.

Comment

The one in the rear is to check your rear reservoir, and the one on the front is for a bolt (the attachment point for the bolt is a bracket that's bolted to the frame, so it may not be there on yours)
      ----------------------------------
      1992 GSX600f
      1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        the first one is the site for the rear master cylinder, the second, I have 0 clue.
        Interesting.... my resevoir is nowhere near that hole.

Originally posted by Bugg View Post
        The one in the rear is to check your rear reservoir, and the one on the front is for a bolt (the attachment point for the bolt is a bracket that's bolted to the frame, so it may not be there on yours)
        Anyone have a pic of that bracket?
        Last edited by HemiKat; 05-18-2009, 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

F- it then, you could just fill it in, if its got no purpose

#23 and 24 on this diagram

Last edited by Bugg; 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          ----------------------------------
          1992 GSX600f
          1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Yep... Supposed to be a bolt on each side of the fairings in those holes up front you posted! Should have a threaded bracket behind it that mounts to the frame of the bike.
            Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Huh , I don't have that hole in MY rear fairing . But yeah , that top one's posed to have a lil bracket bolted to the frame .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X