X

New to Kat's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Kat's

hey i just bought my first street bike it is a 05 GSX600F. i want a little more performance wise. what would give me more bang for my buck. i have been riding cruisers for years but have moved to the streetbikes. any help?

Welcome to KR
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Welcome to KR! Bear in mind the Kat is a sport-tourer, and due to her weight, not a true sport bike. You can add a carb kit and ignition advancer to perk up the mid-range power a bit.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

im not wanting to make it a superbike or anything like that. i am just wanting a bit more. what am i looking at price-wise? where can i find good performance parts along with mods to customize?

Comment

These engines are a bit touchy. Coming from cruisers, you're probably used to putting on an air filter and pipes and picking up some power.

These engines already have air filters and mufflers tuned to the carb. So, if you start changing stuff, you'll have to change a LOT of things.

Have you really wrung it's neck yet? You might have more power than you think. RPMs are your friend with a little 4 cylinder.

Comment

i got out on the interstate this weekend and opened it up. i was pretty happy about the speed. i was already considering exhaust for it, but not sure what route to take. i have heard some tuning may be required on sport bikes. i just want a good sound. coming from my cruiser i am not used to such a quiet bike.

Comment

just a slip-on might be all you need , a jet kit might give you worse mpg. i know New York the take your bike because the noise law ..

Comment

i live in alabama and we have no restrictions on noise for motorcycles, but i just want a good quality sound

Comment

Drimmel out the header welds (free if you got a drimmel)
                    Stage 1 Jet Kit $130 ish
                    5 degree ignition advancer $50 ish
                    Shift spring (wont make you faster, but helps to save your tranny, and the kit CP sells comes with new header gaskets for when you drimmel them out) $40 ish
                    Add 2-3 Teeth on the rear sprocket (can get an entire sprocket and chain set for around $150)

Then... once that is done, if you want a new look/sound get a slip on... but it's not needed and won't really add much on the performance side.

After that, if that isn't enough... swap the motor for something else.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

welcome to kr!!

Comment

where can i find an 1100 engine if i do want to do a swap?

Comment

Working...
                        X