X

need some help with a hot kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with a hot kat

HI, i got a problem with my kat. i went for a short drive yesterday and i notised that i got hot, so hot that my gas was boiling.. i think its just litle water on the bike, but i dont know where i can refil it, can someone help me?

If it was just water then you are fine, nothing to refill. The Kat is Air/Oil cooled.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

then why is it so hot??? :/

Comment

Where you stopped and at idol? if you where that would be why, Kat needs to be moving to cool, other than that I am not sure, I have never had a heat issue with my Kat, and I am in the hot humid south of the USA..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Excessive idling, low speed, and drafting are the only things that cause my Kat to get warm.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

When you say your gas was boiling...it makes me think that maybe the Kat really wasn't running hot, but that your pressure release is clogged up in your tank causing the pressure to build up too much, this can cause a hissing sound from the tank and if you open it, a "boil over".
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
              When you say your gas was boiling...it makes me think that maybe the Kat really wasn't running hot, but that your pressure release is clogged up in your tank causing the pressure to build up too much, this can cause a hissing sound from the tank and if you open it, a "boil over".
              perhaps remove the gas and the tank, lable all the lines and clean then out or replace all of them.

Comment

Wow, first thing that went through my head was "who is this guy coming in here and asking for help on a stolen (hot) bike??"
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                  Wow, first thing that went through my head was "who is this guy coming in here and asking for help on a stolen (hot) bike??"

Exactly what I was thinking.
                  Currently Riding:
                  1995 Katana 600
                  V&H Exhaust
                  Jet Kit

SOLD
                  2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                  1987 XV700 Bobber
                  REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                    +1...this sounds more like the problem then overheating (if moving).

Comment

thx for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X