X

D&D sound???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D sound???

i want to be loud but i dont want to sound like a cruzer bike, can anyone describe the sound of a D&D? thanks, im looking for the rice sound (loud and screaming)

definately loud, too loud as far as Im concerned
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Definitely loud, but you can never compare it to a cruiser. It still sounds like a sport bike, but you will be loudest to the point of obnoxious.

Comment

You want loud and screaming I can give you my exwife's number!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I had a chrome D&D on my '02 Kat and now have a satin black D&D on my '03 GSXR600. I went on a group ride this past weekend and a rider five bikes back said he could hear my bike over the Harleys surrounding me. My wife, riding on the back, said her ears were ringing by the end of the day. I had it on a dyno once...at 14,500 RPMs people's ears starting bleeding and they thought the world was coming to an end. Yes, its extremely loud and obnoxious.
          I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

so wich muffler is quietest? I am planning to replace mine, but I don't want loud and obnoxious. I prefer a more mellow growl.

Comment

Don't get a Vance&Hines. Mine is louder than he11. Out of the 15 sportbikes I ride with, it's by far the loudest, and nobody has a stock pipe.

Hit up gottagofaster, his sounded really nice. It is like a wileyco or something? Not that loud, real nice sound I thought.
              2002 R1
              Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

D&D's are tha shiet, go loud or go tha F*** home.......LOL
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a GUTTED Yoshimura....and its still quiter than the D&D (stock) that xStevWox has on his Kat. Its a very high pitched sport bike sound.......(the D&D) the Yoshimura is very mellow.

I would even recommend a Carbon Fiber can...they seem to keep the db's down and dont get hot at ALL....very cool when you have a passenger.
                  My sig is boring.

Comment

im an automotive guy and im all about being loud and shit but man the d&d is over kill!!!!!!i wishi had my yoshimura back

Comment

Anyone have experience with the F1s? I'd love an aftermarket pipe, but I quite like the dual pipe setup... any other suggestions?

(I too am looking for a "nice" sound - not necessarily a loud one)

Comment

You can hear the D&D here along with alot of others
                        http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/ I have a YOSH RS3 and I love the sound, it really screams after 5000 RPMS.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I hear Yosh is supposed to be the most mellow sounding ones, and the D&D's the loudest. It's hard for me to imagine a louder pipe than my V&H, though. It's irritatingly loud. I don't like it. Sounds like a crackhead hummingbird.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider
                            I have a GUTTED Yoshimura....and its still quiter than the D&D (stock) that xStevWox has on his Kat. Its a very high pitched sport bike sound.......(the D&D) the Yoshimura is very mellow.

I would even recommend a Carbon Fiber can...they seem to keep the db's down and dont get hot at ALL....very cool when you have a passenger.

No way.....I had a yosi on my bike first. Then I cut in in half, and re-riveted the end cap back on. So the yoshi ended up being about 13-15inches long, with the packing still in it and it was LOUD, ALOT louder than my D&D........
                            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                              . It's irritatingly loud. I don't like it. Sounds like a crackhead hummingbird.
                              That is an interesting comparison........LOL I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X