What happened to djct

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to djct

Hey guys,

I haven't posted here in forever and pretty much fell of the face of the planet. I'm sure you guys remember my postings about the CHP and how I was nearly killed by them and their reckless speeding (and I got flamed to holy hell about it). . . well this time they finally succeeded in taking me out.

Well this, time it wasn't CHP but it was local PD. I was cruising the city streets near Long Beach, having eaten a HUGE meal at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and I was not in any condition to speed or ride recklessly. I was riding on fairly small streets so I had to keep my speed down anyway. I approached an intersection (I had a green light) at about 35-40 MPH on a 35 MPH road (I don't know the exact speed since I wasn't staring at the speedo but scanning ahead like I was supposed to). Long story short, the cop ran the red light and turned his lights on at the last second (and had no siren on). Luckily I was full gear and was able to walk again after a couple weeks. The bike is gone. I'm still really sore on the subject and would rather not open up about it (and get flamed). I've been nearly killed so many times by these punks, and this time they actually inflicted damage on me and my property. LA cops, CHP. . . they are RECKLESS. Here I go again. . . back to the story. . .

This happened a couple months back, and with the check I was handed, I quit my job and moved back with family in Thailand. The end. What sucks though is that unless you want to import a bike and pay a TON of tax on it, the biggest bikes they have out here are 150 CC and look like the retarded flaming cousin of a 120 CC moped.
    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

man that sucks Id hate to be in that position. You can win with the law right or wrong.
    My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

Sorry to hear about the situation, hope you got enough out of them to at least make them hold a few driving safety meetings, and enough for you to get by on.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Don't get me wrong, most cops are cool, but in LA they are almost always going waaaaay to fast. On more than one occasion, I've had them flying up my tail at 100mph (on the freeway) with no lights or sirens. Because we tax payers pay for the equipment, is it so hard to flip the on switches for a damn light and siren?

Comment

There has been a insurgence of "new" cops on the road and because of budget cuts the "training with senior officers" has seem to be done away with. You see a bunch of rookie cops just doing stupid things by themselves. I live in Orange County, CA, and I've read what the police are doing to save money but it seems as though it is also costing them more in mistakes....Sorry to hear about your incidents, take care in Thailand and keep in touch with us.
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
            Sorry to hear about the situation, hope you got enough out of them to at least make them hold a few driving safety meetings, and enough for you to get by on.
            Yeah, I made out ok. . . I don't believe in law suits, as I didn't die and I didn't have any permanent injuries (thank GOD for GEAR). . . I don't see a reason why I should make the tax payers have to pay for a local politician incompetence in monitoring its police departments (sooooo many people complain about presidents and political parties, yet our local public services stink which are the responsibility of LOCAL leaders)... but I digress.

Do you guys think it is possible to drag a knee on a 110 - 150 CC bike? It's so funny how the 150 CC's are advertised as powerful and sporty!

Originally posted by Jax View Post
            There has been a insurgence of "new" cops on the road and because of budget cuts the "training with senior officers" has seem to be done away with. You see a bunch of rookie cops just doing stupid things by themselves. I live in Orange County, CA, and I've read what the police are doing to save money but it seems as though it is also costing them more in mistakes....Sorry to hear about your incidents, take care in Thailand and keep in touch with us.
            Thanks. And the definitely sounds about right. Villaragosa is by all means the worst public servant I've ever heard of in the history of California. And he continues to fool people into thinking he's doing a good job with his stupid charm. Knowing CA, he's going to be the next Governor.

Do you guys think it is possible to drag knee on a 110 - 150 CC bike? It's so funny how the 150 CC's are advertised as powerful and sporty! And most of the bikes available are autos! WTH!!!!! A Ninja 250 is considered a big deal!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. 250's are great bikes and all, but man. . .
            Last edited by djct_watt; 05-16-2009, 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do you guys think it is possible to drag a knee on a 110 - 150 CC bike? It's so funny how the 150 CC's are advertised as powerful and sporty!
              Of course! there is a freakin grand prix for 125cc bikes!
              Let's go riding!

Comment

yea ive seen videos over in Thailand where the lil scooters are kicking ninja 600 and 650 arses on track and congested traffic
                sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear you survived and are reasonably well... I'm curious how big the settlement was... I'm also envious that there's a roscoe's in that area and not in mine!

Originally posted by djct_watt View Post
                  It can be done, and don't ever underestimate what 150cc's can do if properly tuned -- for most riding, the only difference is the real top-end speed. The handling is far more nimble!

Look into the rules about importing bikes -- most nations have an age-waiver where if the bike is used AND older than some number of years, it won't be taxed very heavily. I'm sure we could get a Katana to you via the port for just a tiny portion of that huge settlement check

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hey ...i never got to meet you ,i know you pulled out of the last ride last min. i had ben hoping to ride with a fellow kat owner next town over ...glad alls fine wiyh you now ... you might have to get a APRILA or a YAMAHA -rz 250 -350 to kick some butt where you are maybe a gamma ...any ways good luck no place like home .turnbull cyn. is aways still here

Comment

Dude, that sux. Hope that idiot got disciplined for that. Clearing intersections like that is a BIG NO-NO. Glad you are okay and hope everything works out for you in Thailand.

Now I gots a place to stay if I ever get there, right??? I have always wanted to go there. (and not for the teen hookers Nero!)
                      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Because the streets of Bangkok are just so much safer.
                        Originally posted by Nero
                        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow_kitty_kat View Post
                          Because the streets of Bangkok are just so much safer.
                          HAHAHAH! I have a driver here, and yes, the streets here are terrible! I'd be getting a track toy.

But life here is easy and the people are awesome.

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                          Dude, that sux. Hope that idiot got disciplined for that. Clearing intersections like that is a BIG NO-NO. Glad you are okay and hope everything works out for you in Thailand.

Now I gots a place to stay if I ever get there, right??? I have always wanted to go there. (and not for the teen hookers Nero!)

Heck yeah! We've got a huge house over here! And yeah, if a foreigner comes over and can't get laid WITHOUT paying for it, well you must be the ugly-est person on Earth (on the inside). It's not hard at all here, and you have to be terribly desperate (or in a hurry) if you have to pay for it. And if you (not you cencal but figuratively you as in whoever is reading this) come looking for kids, I hope you die. I met a US Federal agent who actually looks for US citizens coming over for that stuff. It is illegal as a US citizen to go expressly looking for that kind of stuff abroad, and is a felony you CAN be prosecuted for.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                          I'm glad to hear you survived and are reasonably well... I'm curious how big the settlement was... I'm also envious that there's a roscoe's in that area and not in mine!

It can be done, and don't ever underestimate what 150cc's can do if properly tuned -- for most riding, the only difference is the real top-end speed. The handling is far more nimble!

Look into the rules about importing bikes -- most nations have an age-waiver where if the bike is used AND older than some number of years, it won't be taxed very heavily. I'm sure we could get a Katana to you via the port for just a tiny portion of that huge settlement check

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Sounds awesome. I know 250's are a lot of fun. . . and with the new ninja 250 they look pretty decent, but these 125-150cc'ers just look terrible. I'll probably get one, but I'm probably never going to get that feeling where you look back at the bike and just go "aaahhhhhhhhhh." I'll have to look into importing a Katana, but more than likely, I'll have to be conservative with the cashflo, at least for now.

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                          hey ...i never got to meet you ,i know you pulled out of the last ride last min. i had ben hoping to ride with a fellow kat owner next town over ...glad alls fine wiyh you now ... you might have to get a APRILA or a YAMAHA -rz 250 -350 to kick some butt where you are maybe a gamma ...any ways good luck no place like home .turnbull cyn. is aways still here
                          Yeah, I still feel terrible about pulling out of that ride. I got super sick, but I had been looking forward to it for sooooo long. And there is still no place like the USA, I am and always be an American at heart, but I just needed to spend some time with my family (I have none in the USA). . .
                          Last edited by djct_watt; 05-16-2009, 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wow!!! Glad that you're ok.

My friends wife was T-boned by an officer and was almost killed by him. She has permanent injuries from the accident. Cop blew right through an intersection and hit her. Situation the same as yours.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X