X

What do you scrape?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you scrape?

I was out riding the Mexitana the other night, and took a close female friend of mine who is a excellent rider. We were crusing along in a area that has a few cruves and twists, and one turn that is damn near 90 degrees. Post speed is 15mph there, we took it at about 30, maybe 35 mph. Half wau through the turn, right before I start to accelerate out of it, I notice my toe and peg dragging. I was so happy. I had no idea I was getting that far over. I am slowly getting better and better at those turns. I seem to be able to ride them a lot better though with Becky on the back, more so than even when I am by myself.

And yes range, it was Nurse Becky.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Haven't scraped anything yet, and I'm not really planning on it
    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

I think I've come close to scraping peg on a 180 degree turn on a 40mph road. I hit it at 45 yesterday and leaned more than I ever have. If I stretched my left arm out I could've touched the pavement.
      Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Only thing I've ever scraped is my hands, wrists, forearms, knees, and the chin-bar on my helmet. Courtesy of a high side. I felt like Superman.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
          Only thing I've ever scraped is my hands, wrists, forearms, knees, and the chin-bar on my helmet. Courtesy of a high side. I felt like Superman.
          I don't plan on scrapping any of that any time soon!!!

I wonder if I had my belly pan on if that would have scrapped. I am going to have to try that.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

My head......trying to figure out how to get the bike lower.

Buc
            it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Everything scrapeable, with and without crashing LOL!! In my last ride I scraped my toe (always, it´s my way to "feel" the road), exhaust (sometimes, specially in long and fast open corners), peg (I didn´t scrape pegs in years, since I modifiy my suspension setting), right knee slider (I tough that road wasnt far away and I was right) and finally the central stand. Man, that was a sweet ride!
              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I haven't even come close to leaning that far yet, but i've only really been riding about 6-7 months.

There is about 1/2" of chicken strip on each side of my tires right now.

Most of the curvy roads around me have loose gravel laying on them all of the time and I'm afraid of lowsiding.

I'm not sure i understand why you lean more 2up and by yourself... interesting.
                I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Re: What do you scrape?

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  I was out riding the Mexitana the other night, and took a close female friend of mine who is a excellent rider.

Wow,you have a 'gurl' friend too,is cory jealous
                  Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

I have scraped footpegs. My midpipe with my wife on the back at the GAP last year and around here. I have IF went over even further I would have scraped my lower cowl.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Re: What do you scrape?

Originally posted by ne-oublie
                      Originally posted by SweetLou
                      I was out riding the Mexitana the other night, and took a close female friend of mine who is a excellent rider.

Wow,you have a 'gurl' friend too,is cory jealous
                      He is real jelous cuz I got 2 of them!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

i regularly scrape my elbow on normal rides

Comment

My tires and side-stand are all scuffed up!
                          Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

if you'd get your a$$ off the seat you wouldn't have to lean so far over !

tim

Comment

I have massive "chicken strips" as you call them on both my tires, however, I'd swear I'm getting pretty close to the ground when I'm really pushing it. Could this be due to having 160/60-17 and 120/70-17 size D208's crammed on my pre-98 wheels? The edge of the tread honestly looks a hair away from completely vertical. Maybe I'll try to get a picture and post it up here......
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X