What do you scrape?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voila!
    Attached Files
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
      I have massive "chicken strips" as you call them on both my tires, however, I'd swear I'm getting pretty close to the ground when I'm really pushing it. Could this be due to having 160/60-17 and 120/70-17 size D208's crammed on my pre-98 wheels? The edge of the tread honestly looks a hair away from completely vertical. Maybe I'll try to get a picture and post it up here......
      Yes it is because you have those tires crammed on there. If you ever want to see full use of that size of tires you need to upgrade to 98+ front and rear rims. I did, and when scrubbed in right ( yeah I low-sided ) I can rid of my chicken strips no problem.

When I am not scrapping because of a low-side, I can get my toe slider down, even with my Rassk rearsets, and with the balls of my feet on the pegs. Can't wait till I can get some pictures of me in full leathers dragin knee around Button Willow Raceway on my KAT! 8)
      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Could this be due to having 160/60-17 and 120/70-17 size D208's crammed on my pre-98 wheels?
        Yes.
        Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

I scrape nothing but toes on left handers, but I have to be very careful of the mid pipe on the right hand sweepers. That thing has touched down more times than I care to remember.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have to remember to keep my feet back on the pegs, or I scrape the toe of my boots on some of the sharper ones. I get a little disappointed, actually, seems like if I weren't scraping shoes and pegs, I could lean the bike over even farther without laying it down.
            Insert Sig Here

Comment

If you're scraping pegs, then your knee should be pretty close if not before....if your knee isn't even close, you're not getting off the seat like you should.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloScott
                Could this be due to having 160/60-17 and 120/70-17 size D208's crammed on my pre-98 wheels?
                Yes.
                most definitely, I have the same setup and have pushed it over that sharp radiaus and sled the rear out. A 98+ wheel will definitely help but I don't suggest going back to a 150, you will hate it.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                  If you're scraping pegs, then your knee should be pretty close if not before....if your knee isn't even close, you're not getting off the seat like you should.

AMEN brother. You beat me to it!!!
                  Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whats the big deal with a 160 rear on a 98+ rim? I have a 99kat and got a 150 rear because every suzuki place i talked to said it'd be retarded to put a bigger one on their. They said it wouldn't give me any improvements, and could actually make it handle/grip worse.
                    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have massive "chicken strips" as you call them on both my tires, however, I'd swear I'm getting pretty close to the ground when I'm really pushing it. Could this be due to having 160/60-17 and 120/70-17 size D208's crammed on my pre-98 wheels?
                      I have 150/70-17 on my rear wheel and even that is wider than stock.
                      I'm not quite there yet on the chicken strips(about 1½cm left on each side).
                      The roads around here are just in too bad a shape to try and do anything about it

I have a feeling i'd have to be practically horizontal to remove them completely. on 160/60-17 i don't see anything but a lowside coming up :P
                      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                        You are quite correct, sir. I misspoke (mistyped?) previously, I have scraped toes but not pegs. Which I guess means I CAN take it over farther, hmm...Just gotta work on my technique I think. Hey, I've only been riding for 7 months. Its nice, though, I ride an awesome curvy mountain road to work everyday.
                        Insert Sig Here

Comment

Everything. I scraped everything.

Please. If you are scraping toes, then you need body position help...if you are scraping lower cowl/midpipe, you may need suspension help.

When you are dragging knee, peg, centerstand and fairing.....

....you need a new bike, folks.

Be careful out there.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Woohoo! I scraped my toe for the first time today on the way to work. I was on the ball of my foot on that side, but admittedly, my toe was probably hanging off the peg a big, because I naturally sit with my heels in, toes out. But, amazingly, the bike felt perfectly stable. Not even the slightest bit edgy. It actually feels less stable taking the turns slower.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

As soon as I get the funds, I am going to upgrade my suspension with a Ohlins rear, and rebuild the front. Then we'll see how far I can lean.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Just my left peg on my worn out bt-20's

I think I'll be getting a much better lean angle with these new Z6's (one day old)

I still need to take it easy because the tires still need to be worn in but that elephant is going soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X