X

Rear jack stand for Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear jack stand for Katana

Does a Pre Katana 600 need the rear sliders in order to use jack stands?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

all depends on what jack stand you buy. There are dozens of stnads out there all have there pro and cons.

Comment

Well this one I am borrowing from a co-worker that has a yzf600. Haven't been able to get in touch with him before I pick it up.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

if it's a spool stand then you're outta luck unless you weld spool receptors to your swingarm. if it's a swingarm stand (it supports the bike by lifting underneath the swingarm) then you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob View Post
          if it's a spool stand then you're outta luck unless you weld spool receptors to your swingarm. if it's a swingarm stand (it supports the bike by lifting underneath the swingarm) then you're good.
          Yup, this is it.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The real question in my mind is "why a racestand instead of a centerstand?"

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              The real question in my mind is "why a racestand instead of a centerstand?"
              Ease of use, and you don't have a big heavy hunk of metal riding along with you is my guess.

A centerstand isn't an option for me, but I'm curious, why do you prefer the centerstand Cyber? Going through maintenance stuff in my head I don't see anything that would be easier with one that is more difficult with the other.

Just picking your brain.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Because the centerstand is ALWAYS in place when you need it.

That means you can do what you need to anywhere you happen to be, rather than just at home (or the shop) where the rear-stand is.

It also means being able to park on hot asphalt or loose sand without worries of the bike tipping over, knowing that if someone climbs on the bike (neighbor's kids for example) it won't tip over, being able to clean/lube/adjust the chain anywhere, and I feel it makes fixing a nail or screw-hole in the tire on the road much, much easier...

Or to put it another way: the ZX-14 doesn't come with one stock, but it's an optional Kawasaki item (and the ZX-14 one is pricier than any rear-stand on the market, I might add). I still immediately ordered one when I got the bike and installed it shortly after it arrived.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  Because the centerstand is ALWAYS in place when you need it.

That means you can do what you need to anywhere you happen to be, rather than just at home (or the shop) where the rear-stand is.

It also means being able to park on hot asphalt or loose sand without worries of the bike tipping over, knowing that if someone climbs on the bike (neighbor's kids for example) it won't tip over, being able to clean/lube/adjust the chain anywhere, and I feel it makes fixing a nail or screw-hole in the tire on the road much, much easier...

Or to put it another way: the ZX-14 doesn't come with one stock, but it's an optional Kawasaki item (and the ZX-14 one is pricier than any rear-stand on the market, I might add). I still immediately ordered one when I got the bike and installed it shortly after it arrived.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  nice i bought mine used and the owner had removed it.... just to look sportier.... ok it looks good but not practical tho and im about to put it back on!! cant stand not having it... its so easy to wash the wheels and stuff like that...... on a trip you want to tight your chain you can do it real easy your jack is atached to your bike lol

Comment

Working...
                  X