X

The Longest Ride.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Longest Ride.....

Whats the longest trip that any of you have gone on your kat????
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

sun up til sun down 3 days strait, camping on a tour around the great lakes.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

600km on a camping trip!

Comment

1000km in one day, from Rottedam(NL) home to Tønsberg in Norway.

And really it was not bad. I've gotten used to riding the Kat and I really like taking long trips on it.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Buffalo to New York, about 8hrs or so - 400miles on a 2002 600. Very comfortable ride.

Comment

I was regularly doing 200-300 miles in a day when I had the Kat. On the gixxer, I think it was during the Cali Mini-Rally in march...about 400-450 miles that day.

I'll be riding to the rally from CA to NC in July on it! 2600 miles!!! Each way!!!
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

on my Kat? like 200km, not long at all i know but I've only had it a month or so
              1999 Katana 750

Comment

One day, 6xx miles, one trip, 3xxx miles.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

About 500 miles.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Made 900 mile roundtrip in two days from just east of New Mexico to San Marcos, the other side of Austin...got home and was ready for more.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

from Calgary to Port Hardy and back - 1,500kms each way
                      took a week ('cause i was there for a wedding and visiting family and stuff), but did each way two days each

.. one month after getting my license, by myself lol - got my first ride in hail and rain and sleet on that trip. fun stuff!
                      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

No ironman trips under my belt yet.

Only hit about 700 miles in a daytrip thus far, down through NC on the back roads, just for the hell of it. I easily put 200+ miles under the wheels pretty much every weekend that's rideable though. Doesn't hurt having a couple pretty pillions that love riding *grin*

Driven back and forth between San Francisco, CA and Virginia Beach, VA without stops a few times in a car. I think I'd like to try that on a motorcycle.

--B

Comment

I rode it to walgreens around the corner once. IT's like a block away. I really just prefer to have it parked in my garage to look at it. I like to refer to it as garage art.

Honestly just a couple hundred miles.
                          Semper Fi
                          1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

From Phoenix AZ to Los Angeles, CA (400 miles), then all around Southern California the next day (~200 miles), then home to Phoenix the next day (another 400 miles). All on my pre 600.
                            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Around 1,000 miles the first day, 695 miles the second day, nothing notable third-fifth day (hanging about my destination, little riding in that area), and then the same distances home again... If I were younger or foolisher, I could easily have done that trip in a single day each way, but I gave up on that a couple decades ago when I fell asleep at the helm of a bike (for 17 miles -- woke up when it started running over the rumble strips or cats-eyes in the road). I regularly do about 680 miles each way in a single-shot to the KR Rally & home again every year...

I've done 2200 miles in the saddle at a single stretch once, but that was back when I was in my teens (and on a Honda 450).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X