X

A ripoff scam hits close to home...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
    It's that time of the year, and all I can think of is some squid buying this bike and ending up in some srieous trouble when it shuts down on him/her.
    That's what I'm seeing too, and on a Hayabusa you are likely to be at very high speeds when that happens. Hopefully that isn't what's happening, if so...that's straight up getting someone killed.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, here's the latest:

As was noted, not much legally I can do about the guy. He bought it, I got the receipt, and that's that. If he decides to screw someone over - it's out of my hands.

Went to the DMV and filled out the Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability. Then I remembered that I forgot to sign the title before he left. DUMB!!!! But then again, maybe not. I emailed him and said I needed to sign it and for him to witness the liability transfer (he doesn't have to do that but I just threw that out there). Here's his response:

I said that I couldn't meet tonight but since he works nights tomorrow morning at the DMV would be perfect. No response yet.

I want him to be there and do this in person at the DMV. Because when I do the release of liability I want them to check it against the stated mileage on the released title. Plus, with a duplicate title, I think I still have to sign it (could be wrong).

I also noticed that the ad on Craigslist has been removed and he isn't returning any emails to my alter-ego (themotolife) who wants to buy it with cash in hand. Interesting.

In the meantime I have my "WARNING... SCAM BIKE" post written and waiting until the resolution of this tomorrow morning. I may not be able to do anything legally but It's my right (and duty, I believe) to call out a scammer and a dangerous one, to boot. Every freakin' forum in SoCal and NoCal that I belong to is going to get this post. I'll send it out to every club (RuffRyders, Mayhem, etc.) and 1/4 track in the Southland. Feel free to pass it along to any forums you might belong to.
      sigpic

Comment

Your doing the right thing. Hold strong man and carry it to the end
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
          Well, here's the latest:

I also noticed that the ad on Craigslist has been removed and he isn't returning any emails to my alter-ego (themotolife) who wants to buy it with cash in hand. Interesting.
          I found it listed in the San Diego Craigslist with a different ID # http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1165030177.html
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dankid View Post
            I'm glad you're gonna confront the guy about it cause this can be dangerous for anyone who buys the bike without knowing about the problem it has.

It sucks that people now in days are so dishonest. Don't mean to thread hi-jack but something similar happened to me last summer. I decided to sell my back-up car for $850 on craigslist. It was in good running condition but needed a new paint job. One kid starts emailing me sobb stories about how he needed a car to get to work cause he was tired of taking the bus but didn't have enough money. I had no serious buyers so I ended up selling it to him for $450 cause i felt bad for him. The next day the guy puts an ad using my same pics saying that it has all this work done to it and he's asking $1,100. I guess that's what you get now in days for being nice.
            You're allowed to take people like that out . You know that , right ? But there's a limit , like on deer .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A bag limit on scumbags? Never heard of it.

Good on you Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                A bag limit on scumbags? Never heard of it.
                That's one of them laws most don't know about . Like in USA , you actually DON'T have to pay taxes , but you have to fill out a bunch of stuff , and opt out of government help . You also basically no longer have a SSN . Makes it hard to actually do a lot of things, though ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

This putz is doing everything he can to avoid being caught. He prolly doesn't want you to see the ODO...
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

-2000 "750"

Comment

R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Subscribing to this. I want to see how this all goes down
                        I am a Penn State fanatic.
                        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

What a POS!!!!!!!!!!! Hope he burns in Hell. Make a posting stating the facts.
                          R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                            I found it listed in the San Diego Craigslist with a different ID # http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1165030177.html
                            i reported it to craigslist, if everyone starts reporting it they will pull it.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

I'm at the DMV waiting for this guy right now. He said he'd be here in 20 minutes. I'm going to get his sig on the release with the correct mileage then call him on it.
                              sigpic

Comment

what happened????????????????????
                                Last edited by 06katanarider; 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM.
                                R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Working...
                                X