X

bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike

ok so hear is the prob. do i trade or not? i've found that when i ride for any amount of time"atleast30min or so my hands go knumb. i can ride my buddys shadoe i don't have that prob. he wants to trade me a 99 shadow vlx600 deluxe. even up for my 04 kat both have about 6400 miles on them. so what you guys think? please give feedback
    sigpic

Well, the shadow has a upright seating posture so it is no surprise that your hands are more comfortable. My hands used to go numb until I realized that I was leaning too much on them. Now I plant the balls of my feet on the pegs, grip the tank with my knees, and use my ab/back for support rather than leaning on my hands. I am 5'8" though, so height may be playing to my advantage.
    If it was me, I wouldn't trade becuase I like the handling of sport bikes. To each their own though.

Cheers,
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

yeah i had the same but now i only get the time to time my wrist starts to hurt... so all i do is when i see a stop i sit up let go of the throttle and it and roll my wrist.... and im good for an other few hours!!!

Comment

I have to echo what others have said...if you lean on your hands without supporting your weight with your legs / torso, your hands will suffer.

Comment

what about fitting some risers dumping the clip-ons and getting some renthal bars?
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Do you wear gloves? And have bar ends?

Comment

You can do a-lot to rectify that with your riding position. Just pay attention next time you're on the highway, see if you've got your knees all akimbo and adjust that. I find the more upright I sit at highway speed, the less punishment my wrists endure.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Your hands go numb like they fall asleep, or your hands go numb like an odd tingling sensation?

Try gripping more with your legs, and less with your arms.
                Don't keep a death grip on the throttle... relax.
                Look into a set of gel palm gloves or grips (or both).
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

tough call cause I love the Katana and the Shadow. It's up to you man are you leaning towards a cruiser simply because you want it more now, or would you rather keep your kat? to me that would be the big deciding factor, weither you actually wanna keep your Kat or not?
                  Anyways try the tricks listed above, you might find you won't have to trade at all if it helps your hands
                  cheers
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

Apart from body position, which everyone seems to have covered, adjust the valves, change the plugs, and sync the carbs, that should noticably smooth things out. If it is still bothering you, ride in a different RPM range. (Shift up or down one gear.) My kat has a real resonancy about 5000 (+-500) RPMs; above or below that, she is just butter smooth.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

yes i do have gloves on. and i also put gel grips on. with heavyer bar ends.bike only has 6400 miles on it so valves arent a prob. maybe i should tell yall i also have a bad disk in my neck. so rideing pos. is a hard thing to fix. i love my kat ive wanted it for a long time
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X