2007 Yamaha FZ6.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yamaha FZ6.......

Quick history:
    March 23 I bought a non-running 1998 Kat for 1600.00. Got it running and it looked exc, in it for about $1900.00 total, tax,parts and all. I LOVED the power and look of it. Gave me some back ache, decided to play the trade game and see what I ended up with and try to make some $$$. Traded it and some cash for a 2003 VSTAR 1100 this past Thursday. Yesterday I was offered a 2007 FZ6 even up for it. I'm in the VSTAR for $3100.00 total. I rode the FZ6 and it felt like an updated Kat. Straighter up riding postion, which works well for my bad back (I'm 49 years old) and in line 4 cyl with a red line at 14,000 RPM, and only wieghs 410 lb.'s, so you know THAT was fun !!! The "dash" has an LCD speedometer, clock, temp gauge, really cool.
    Problem is, I also have a guy with a 2004 Harley Sportster that wants to trade, so I'm going to see it today. I didn't think I'd like any sport bike better than I liked the Kat, but with the riding postition with the FZ6, and about the same engine, I liked it better than the Kat, except for looks. My Kat was red and was beautifull !
    So, I'll tell the Harley owner I want his bike and $1,000.00 to make the deal, otherwise I'll be an FZ6 owner. It doesn't look as good as the Kat, but it'll be easier on the back and has a little more power.
    It's all good....ride safe !
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

FZ6's are nice bikes. And didn't you say you already own an HD?? But hey, if you can get the deal you want...more power to ya! Good luck with whatever happens.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I love the fz 6!
      Awesome bike!
      Personally I like to have, and do have, a cruiser and a sport bike. Best of both worlds!
      As of now I have an 1100 v-star, 89 Kat 750, and 2 fz 750 project bikes.
      89 kat 750
      2X 85 fz 750
      03 1100 v-star
      86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

FZ 6 are nice good luck on the trade

Comment

The FZ6 would hands down be my choice....It is light, has a decent amount of power, and is IMHO the better looking of the 2....I like Harleys, have some friends that ride them...happens to be that my best friend just got rid of his Sportster 1200, and he has done nothing but talk about wanting an FZ6 lately...his wife still has an 883....
          I had a couple naked bikes, and love them.
          I agree with him though-FZ for several reasons...
          Last edited by jettajake00; 05-10-2009, 09:42 AM.
          vwvortex.com : jettajake00
          midmoriders.com :jettajake00
          Go Cardinals!

Comment

The FZ6, if in GC, is worth more (book) than either the Kat, the VStar, or the Sportster. It's the best bet.

And it's got more power than the Kat...

Comment

Doesn't look lkike the Harley owner can come up with the extra $1,000.00 I'd want to trade him, so, FZ6 here I come !!!
              And yes, having a Harley Ultra in the garage already just seems to lean me way more towards the Fizzer anyway. The wife prefers the Ultra hands down, but for short rides she'll ride on the Fizzzer with me. Any time I ride solo it's on the smaller bike.
              I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

i sat on a 2009 fz-600 i liked it alot more than any others for $6800 its well worth the money im 46 and 6"6 so i know about the back thing ...im looking at a new kawasaki z-1000 now as its the last year of them but they are $8850 saw a new ...2007 cb-919 for `$6789 at midcitys
                Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 05-10-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Charlie, being 6'6" you'll quickly learn to hate the Z1000. I have a friend that's only around 5'9" that bought one last year, and his largest complaint was too much wind hitting him once he got over 100mph or so, he moved on to a CBR1k this season. They are great handling bikes though, and with a larger rear sprocket seem to keep up with most of the 1k SS bikes accelerating off the line. Not quite as much power as the pure SS 1k bikes, so you either have to leave it geared stock, which gives it decent top speed (but feels kind of sluggish for a 1k), or gear it lower for better acceleration and top out around 135-140mph (which is usually plenty fast without a windshield).
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Ben looking at reviews and the pegs rub on corners , dont like that idea .. Will sit on the kat a little longer now the stratosphere might wait for that road cruzzer

Comment

My choice would be the FZ6 in your situation, especially if you already have a HD in teh garage. BTW the 410 LBS is "Dry" weight, I'm not completely sure, but I think "Wet" weight is in the high 450 range..."I think". Maybe someone with a little more knowledge of that model can verify....Either way, still a very good fun bike to ride/have.

Comment

According to Yamaha's website, the FZ6 curb weight is 459lbs, the new FZ6R is 467lbs.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X