X

Headlight adjusting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight adjusting

So I have had my 05 Kat 750 for about 2 yrs now...and last night was the first time I have ridden it at night. And I tell you... it SUCKED. My high beams looked like they were pointing where the lows beams should of been and my lows would only light up about 30ft in front of me. In the city...no boggie... but out in the rural areas with TONS of deer running around...I didn't want to hit any. So...

#1 - Where to adjust them
    #2 - Is there an brighter bulb I can use that won't draw so much as to melt the wiring and
    #3 - I have only 1 light on when on low beam and two when on high. Can I make it two on low AND high?
    Thanks ALL!

1. white knobs under faring towards front...
    2. Silverstars very bright, same wattage...
    3. You have one lowbeam out...

Comment

Thank you
      Thank you
      and
      THANK YOU!!

I have the bike in the parking garage at work here...I just may run down there and adjust them real quick...At least ofr now it will help. Can i get the Silver Stars at an autoparts store or just the bike shops? (I ask cause i haven't really seen any bike parts at Autozone).

Comment

I got the new silverstar ultra's from fleabay for 25.00 at Autozone expect to pay 50+ but they are well worth the investment.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
          Autozone expect to pay 50+ but they are well worth the investment.

Comment

OK...Part number? I am looking on fleabay right now...but there are multiples with no reference to which vehicle

Comment

Go to the auto parts store, get the 9003 aka H4 aka HB2 versions of the SilverStars. $20/side.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Silverstars ROCK . They have an "ultra" version out that SHOULD rock a bit more . Sometimes brighter bulbs don't last as long . However , Sylvania is pretty cool if you happen to have one burn out prematurely (as I did) . They sent me TWO to replace the one that died after a few months . Pricey , yes . But WAY better than stock or "cheap" bulbs . Run about $20 for the Silverstar each , and another $5 for the "ultra" version .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by billybob View Post
                  So...

#1 - Where to adjust them

Thanks ALL!
                  I just posted this:
                  Measure the height of the center of the headlight (while someone is sitting on the bike) Make a line that height on a surface about 20 feet from the headlight. The Low beam should be at that line.

Must be headlight adjusting season

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

As to actually where, there should be 4 little white nobs on the back of the headlight assembly IIRC. And the easiest way to adjust them for me was to do them one at a time and disconnect the power to the one I wasn't adjusting.

I've put about 25k miles on the Silverstar Ultras, and the are still burning.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                      X