No announcement yet.
X

Why do you ride a Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well to be honest i got mine because i was looking for a bike and my step brother gave it to me for free.. it still ran didn't have the body fairings for the front and side but still it ran.. had alot of fun on it then the engine went.. bummer working on getting that fixed right now...

anyways i plan on making it a project to get this thing back into prestine condition and upgraded a little it has plunny of power for me to have fun with and still be stupid from time to time but not to much to kill me at 180mph...

i really like the feel of the katana and im glad i got it and well the katana riders all seem very nice arround here at least lol

Comment

GOOD ALL AROUND BIKE. I RODE TO THE GAP FROM TAMPA FL AND BACK. OVER 1700 MILES IN 5 DAYS. NOTHING TO TDR BUT HE HAS A BUSA SO HE DOESNT COUNT . i LOVE THE BIKE IT IS A CAPABLE SPORT TOUR.

I GUESS THE BEST REASON IS ITS PAID FOR
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Süsser Tod
        Interesting, I was expecting to read some "I like the katana" replies, but so far it seems that everyone got it just because it was cheap...
        YOU'RE WRONG MAN.
        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

I started looking at motorcycles and really liked the looks of the Katana. For once, I just chose the less expensive toy instead of the most expensive. The cost was not the main factor but certainly allowed me to take up motorcycling as a hobby. If I really wanted a gixxer, I'd still be dreaming because right now I can't afford it.

Comment

There wasn't much choice to make when I was shopping for my bike. I had owned 2 "true" sport bikes previously and know exactly the criteria my next bike had to meet. So heres why I bought mine:

1.Comfotable enough to ride 8 or 10 hours in a days time
            2. All around inexpensive, price, insurance, and parts
            3. Passenger friendly
            4. And the one thing that I cannot believe no one else has mentioned yet that I could see... Gas gauge Gas guage Gas guage!!!! My other bikes didn't have one and I hated that. Keep in mind my other bike werew 1995 and older.

Comment

"I like my Kat because it fits the type of riding that I want to do. As a plus, it just so happened to be the best bike for the money for me. I like the looks of the bike, and it is plenty comfy, without being in the "full crouch" position of other sport-type bikes. While it may be lacking in the "latest and greatest technology" department, there is something to be said for a bike that can be described as solid, stable, simple and fun to ride. What else could a person need?"
              - Ditto!!

Uh-Rah!!
              Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

I bought my '05 600 because I liked the looks of it, it fit me good (6'4"), and it was not too much power for my first bike.
                I commute to work about 35 miles at times and I have no complaints about the comfort. I sat on a CBR and I dont think I could ride more that 15 minutes without stretching

Comment

Originally posted by MHolden
                  I bought my '05 600 because I liked the looks of it, it fit me good (6'4"), and it was not too much power for my first bike.
                  That was the same for me. I actually didn't know about the fit though until my first ride and mine was an '02. I was completely and totally ignorant about bikes. I liked the looks of the Kat and I also liked the price compared to other new bikes. I'd read that they were good bikes to learn on since they were forgiving and had relatively tame power. A great bonus for me which I didn't realize until after owning the bike was the fact they were incredibly simple machines which allowed me to learn a tremendous amount about motorcycle mechanics. I'd always dreamed of owning a VFR. Once I was comfortable enough on a bike thanks to the Kat that I felt I would be okay to ride a VFR I bought a VFR. Meg then learned how to ride on the Kat. Once she was okay riding pretty well she got an F3. The Kat was then sold. The Kat was a great bike for me to start on. Had I known more about motorcycles at the time I may have gotten something else that I would have kept for longer, but who knows?
                  -Steve

Comment

I am a fan of oil/air cooled bikes, don't ask

I bought mine for $750 two years ago, a deal I couldn't pass up.

I love the bike and the fact that it is blue is a plus in my book.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I like the Kat, because it does everthing I want it too. It commutes to work, 40mins each way, it tours and performs well on the track, and it was cheap to buy. What more could you ask for.
                      You're not old until you're dead - and when you're dead, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchie20155
                        I like the Kat, because it does everthing I want it too. It commutes to work, 40mins each way, it tours and performs well on the track, and it was cheap to buy. What more could you ask for.
                        I do the commute also and mine runs the twisties on is all out fun!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I RIDE MY KITTY CUZ SHEs SO SEXXXY AND COMFY TO RIDE. PLUS SHE PURRRRs LIKE A BEAST WHEN I RIDE HER FAST .......
                          (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I bought mine because its red. It was the right price. I'll be damned if I owe a banker a cent for anything I can buy cash.

Comment

Working...
                            X