X

Bye bye Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Kat

Well, the 1998 Kat that I bought 2 months ago, is getting traded off today, if all goes well. I'm 49 years old, bad back and all, but I had a BLAST on this Kat and I loved it. I ride my Harley about 16K miles per year, and this Kat was bought just for solo riding. I got more looks on the Kat than the Harley, from the "younger" generation. I always laughed when I passed a Harley rider and he wouldn't wave back, or I'd pass a sport bike rider while riding my Harley and he wouldn't wave back. To each his/her own.
    I'm getting $500.00 over KBB retail for my Kat and the bike I'm getting, I'm getting it for about $800.00 under KBB retail, so I'm doing well on the trade $$$'s.
    I will miss the Kat, but I'll still have my face in the wind. There are some great guys on this forum and I hope and pray you all ride safe and keep the rubber side down.
    I don't care what you ride, I'll wave at you from either of my bikes !!!
    Peace out !
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Feel free to hang arround even if you don't have a Kat. We're all family, no matter what you ride.

So what are you trading for?

Comment

Well just cause the Kat is going dose not mean you cant hang here with us..
      What is the new bike you are getting??

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

stick around the fun is only getting started

Comment

As a former Kat owner, I can say you should stick around. If it wasn't for the Kat, I would not have found this lunatic asylum and been able to meet all the great people that are here.

Remember, you are always welcome here....unless you traded the Kat for a moped. LOL
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
            unless you traded the Kat for a moped. LOL
            But what about the Suzuki Katana R50?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
              But what about the Suzuki Katana R50?
              tomato, tamato
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I'm betting it's a cruiser, otherwise you would have stated it in your original post

It's all good man, hang around, this place is fun.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Nothing good about self-exile. Hang around...I think there are even some guys here who still own cruisers. Ha.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    Nothing good about self-exile. Hang around...I think there are even some guys here who still own cruisers. Ha.
                    Yeah, I hear they're pretty crazy
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

:
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Traded for a 2003 Yamaha VSTAR 1100 that's pretty laid out. I traded because the $$$ was way in my favor. The Vstar will go up for sale/trade next week. I may even end up with another Kat, but what I really want is a SV650S full faired.
                        BY the way, this VSTAR that is now in my garage, does nothing for me. I have a cruiser ( Harley) and obviously the VSTAR doesn't do ANYTHING as well as the Harley....but the Kat......man, I had a blast every time I took that bike out...

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

just wondering... why are you getting rid of the kat? from your original post i figured it was because you had a bad back and the riding position wasn't helping. based on that a cruiser would be perfect for you. but if you're looking to get an SV? why bother get rid of the kat if you love it so much? i'm just really curious
                          2004 Katana
                          GO OWLS!!!

Comment

It didn't look to me that the SV has the rider bent over so much, maybe I'm wrong. I broke my back in a car wreck 30 years ago. I could have kept the Kat, but the deal I got I had to do it.

Comment

The SV has a more aggressive riding position that the Kat. Part of why it makes a fun trackday bike. If you haven't already, ride one first. It may work for you, but I'd hate to see you buy one, only to aggrivate your back everytime you get on it.

If you are looking for a more upright riding position, check out the ninja 650r, yamaha FZ6, FZ6R.
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
                              X