X

New to Riding, New some Wisdom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Riding, New some Wisdom

Just out of curiosity, is there any one specific "golden" rule that I need to know or live by now that I own a bike/ride a Katana? Bless me with your wisdom!

What are the major do's and don't?

Ride your own ride...

Meaning go your pace, at your speed... and don't try to keep up with others.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

intersections...be aware through all intersections.dont assume someone see's you even if it appears their looking directly at you.
      ride as though half the people on the rode dont see you,and the other half are trying to kill you...thats the best advice that ive gotten.

Comment

Dont be a dumbass. nuff said.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Don't rear-end other Kat's

(And don't assume cagers see you + practise emergency avoidance manoeuvres and emergency breaking - and repeat at least each year)

Comment

Alway look where you want the bike to go, not at what you don't want to hit.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

road rash isnt fun...wear your gear!

Comment

keep the bike in tip top shape and always wear your gear. expecially helmet. and as previously stated dont ride over your head just to keep up with more experianced riders. just take it easy and learn your bike.

Comment

I agree with everybody. Riding a bike is not a race nor do have to show off. Ride at your own pace and within your own abilities.

Comment

Hey Diverdwn8 where in VA are u located?

Comment

Drinkin'/tokin'/and ridin' don't mix.......unless you have a plot picked out.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

One golden rule of thumb: Ride like nobody sees you.
                        "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

Watch the tires. They have a much more immediate effect than on a 4-wheeler. Good tread is fairly obvious but watch for cracks in the sidewalls, too and check the air pressure every time you ride. Oh, and if you haven't already, go take a MSF course.

And welcome to KR.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

hey hype i live in Northern Va also.

Comment

look out for the cars ,curbs and poles ...when your *** hits the asphalt your *** is your fault nor matter whos fault it is ..

Comment

Working...
                              X