X

mladin 7 for 7!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mladin 7 for 7!

just got home from the honda classic,matt mladin won,made him 7 for 7 of the season.aaron yates took 2nd,and ben bostrom was 3rd.
    we had an awesome time,after the near miss of a tornado...race was delayed for a while,but eventually cleared up and the race's got back under way.
    we got to meet mladin and bostrom.got some cool pics i'll post soon!

mladin = perfect season (so far) = suzuki
    ben spies= just wrecked again = yamaha

Comment

Ed - You're not going to let this die, are you?

Comment

The magic 8-ball says "don't count on it"

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          The magic 8-ball says "don't count on it"
          Thats my Boi!!! Spies should have stayed on Suzuki...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

^ haha

Comment

Suzuki is weak in WSBK. If Ben was on the Suzuki he wouldn't have won a race this year

Ducati and Yamaha have been dominant
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

This argument is so played out... But I'm in it for the long haul....

Ben did win the AMA title last year right? What about the year before that? and before that? 3 time AMA superbike champion, correct?
                Mat Mladin is lucky Ben isn't in America anymore...

We'll see how it goes down when the WSBK guys go to a track where the AMA guys race too.... Hmm I think it's MMP in Utah... Check the lap times then to see who is superior... yamaha or suzuki.... AMA or WSBK....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                    This argument is so played out... But I'm in it for the long haul....
                    Me too

2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Just realized that they ran different configurations last year at MMP.... The AMA guys had a super long track of 4.5 miles or so... and were running 2:45 lap times, where the wsbk guys had the shorter track and pole position was set by Carlos Checa w/ a 1:48.1...

The powers that be don't want a direct comparison between the two AMA and SBK so they avoid it by running different configurations...

Last time they both raced the same track was Laguna Seca in '04 where Mat was running 2 seconds faster lap times than the SBK guys...

The argument that is there is the Spec tire rules of the time... Pirelli vs Dunlop... But who knows...

I'm going to assume that when SBK gets to MMP later this month Ben will probably be the top qualifier and beat last year's time set by Carlos Checa...
                      The only other time AMA guys ran the same configuration @ MMP was in 2007 and Ben ran a 1:49.4.... More than a second slower than the SBK pole... (But again another argument could be made about the track being resurfaced when Checa laid down a 1:48.1 last year)

Just thought I'd point out the Suzuki rider on his A$$ trying to catch Ben...
                      Last edited by allblackkat; 05-05-2009, 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

That was wild when the bike started dragging him
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X