No announcement yet.
X

Ipods - Unsafe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear ear plugs along with my Scala Q2 listening to the radio on my 40+ mile commute (slab +super slab), and never have a problem with hearing any external sounds. Guess it depends upon how high you have the volume on.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

On anything where I get out of the city, I usually bring it with me. If I'm just tooling around town, nope.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        On anything where I get out of the city, I usually bring it with me. If I'm just tooling around town, nope.
        I think thats how Im headed. I only commute 10 minutes to work so Im not going to bother, but when Im out on my 200 miles trips on weekends I think the Ipod is coming along. Thanks for the input guys.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I usually always have my Ipod with me on my commute to work (22 mi) and even on weekend trips. Although I only use one ear bud. I like to hear the motor and surrounding sounds thats why I only use one. And another reason is that when I ride two-up, my passenger (female of course) has some tunes too. Just my two cents.

Comment

I wear mine when I ride sometimes but be careful to make sure you dont have to have it turned up super loud....after all you ll need your hearing and also watch your speed...some songs add about 20mph for me lol.

Comment

ear buds

i cant wear ear buds very long with out them hurting my ears so i routed my ipod earbuds through my helmet liner so they sit right infront of my ears. some mp3s arent as loud as others so i went on my itunes selected all the songs on my ipod, right clicked and selected "get info" then turned the volume level all the way up. i can hear the music fine (with my visor closed) and i can hear my bike no matter what
              yellow is the fastest color

Comment

Originally posted by GVb13 View Post
                i cant wear ear buds very long with out them hurting my ears
                Then you're wearing the wrong ones . I can wear mine ALL frikkin day without a problem .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I listen to music all the time while riding. The only time that I don't wear them is when I'm riding the twisties on SPIRITED rides
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    Then you're wearing the wrong ones . I can wear mine ALL frikkin day without a problem .
                    As an former HS and College wrestler, I have some ear issues, which means I can't wear the regular hard type ear buds without them hurting my left ear in particular.

Those soft Koss buds look like something that would work really well though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
                      As an former HS and College wrestler, I have some ear issues, which means I can't wear the regular hard type ear buds without them hurting my left ear in particular.

Ouch. Cauliflower ear is a *****, eh?

Comment

the KOSS buds work GREAT.

I had 'em for over a year. Until one side stopped working....couldn't find the KOSS brand at the Wallyworld where I bought 'em the first time. Bought some "Ear candy" or some other brand. They work, but you can't hear outside sounds as well. I will pick up some more KOSS brand ones shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheech View Post
                          Ouch. Cauliflower ear is a *****, eh?
                          Yeah, I wore my head gear most of the time, and only managed to get a little bit in one ear, but it's still enough.

I even lanced it and it still left some permanent scarring/buildup.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post

Well then , I MAY have to take that back . But the Koss buds , yeah , all that's actually IN your ear is foam . If you can wear earplugs , then they'd probably treat you well .

Comment

I don't ride with one anymore. I'm a pretty music-obsessed person and I would focus wayyy too much on lyrics or arrangement rather than where I was going.

Comment

It's good that you realize that and take measures to prevent it getting you messed up . You earn points for that one .
                                Yeah , you REALLY should think about that one . I mean , I learned when I started driving that if I had music on , I would relax a little and not think about driving so much , I just WOULD . Same applied with riding . Yeah , I have a riding playlist full of stuff that gets me excited , but I like to think it works well with "the zone" , instead of focusing on "I don't really care for THAT right now" skip-skip-skip . You guys that follow me will still see me playing with the mp3 player sometimes , but usually once it's on the proper playlist , it's game on ....

Comment

Working...
                                X