No announcement yet.
X

luggage racks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I should wrote more clearly, I was commenting that it looked like he was looking for a rack to specifically mount a hardcase. A hard case rack as apposed to a soft case rack or just a rack.

Either way it's been cleared up.

The Givi one comes designed to mount their own products even though there are adapters available to mount other manufactures topcase.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

the link i posted shows the mounts but they are pricey i got a extra grab rail to make and fab my mount shad -33 is the one for me in yellow

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
        Looks like I should wrote more clearly, I was commenting that it looked like he was looking for a rack to specifically mount a hardcase. A hard case rack as apposed to a soft case rack or just a rack.
        Well , most cases I've seen come with their own plate , which you simply bolt to your rack . Pretty easy . all you need is a rack large enough for whatever case you intend to bolt to it . Most "sport racks" don't look all THAT big , but they're big enough for a decent sized trunk .

Last edited by md86; 05-05-2009, 02:39 AM.
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post

That's a nice rack. Looks functional.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

It IS . Surprisingly so . Kinda hard to part with little over $100 on something like that , but if you like to be able to carry more/bigger stuff , it's GREAT . I've used it for tires , pizza , half an engine , extra bags with tools or groceries .... Yeah .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
              Ebay would definitely be the way to go.

Edit to add: It does look like Givi does have top case "monorack" arms to fit the Pre's.

Here's the picture of the M2 plate on Twisted Throttle. So get the Givi Monorack arms and the plate and your good to go.

Here's one top case rack on eBay UK.

Thankyou that man - i ended up winning that on ebay for 10.50 gbp - around 20 dollars???
              pretty cheap for a givi rack - shame i cant find a topbox as cheap for it - i may end up getting a universal box and modding the mounts for it - there are some 50l top boxes for like 40gbp - or 80 dollars-ish fit 2 helmets in
              not a bad price - will post a pic of it fitted when it arrives
              i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
              X