No announcement yet.
X

Long hair under a helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an AF Master Sargent. The short hairdo goes with the territory, too!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      I'm an AF Master Sargent. The short hairdo goes with the territory, too!
      yeah,right on!

Comment

I so scully caps, wave caps, and do wrags........
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

when I had longer hair (6-7"), i would put my helmet on, then stuff my bangs up into the top of the helmet. Problem solved!

Wow! I'm amazed at the number of guys who responded to this. (and what, two girls?) I can understand why a gal would like long hair - it's girly and pretty - but I just don't see why a guy would want long hair - it's girly and pretty. (Not to mention impractical and hard to take care of.) Of course, this is from a guy who's spent the last 20 years cutting his hair to 5/8" on top and 1/8" on the sides...
          Do what YOU like, I wont rag on you for having short hair.
          Last edited by LAsunbird86; 05-04-2009, 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wow! I'm amazed at the number of guys who responded to this. (and what, two girls?) I can understand why a gal would like long hair - it's girly and pretty - but I just don't see why a guy would want long hair - it's girly and pretty. (Not to mention impractical and hard to take care of.) Of course, this is from a guy who's spent the last 20 years cutting his hair to 5/8" on top and 1/8" on the sides...
            It was me being rebellious . Started ritht around the time I started playing guita at about 15 . People kept asking me "when you gonna cut yer hair , boy" , and I started thinking (and saying) " well I WAS planning on getting it cut this weekend ,but NOW I think I'll put it off another 2 weeks since you asked" . That went on for like 15 years . And actually , taking care of it amounted to pretty much just washing it when it got too greasy (every 3 days at most ,depending on how sweaty/dirty I got ) , and shaking it out like a dog to dry it . I liked the fact that it kinda scared people away . I don't wanna hafta deal with most people . Tangles sucked , but I carried a comb and hair ties to keep it outta the way when need be . Was actually EASIER than short hair , because with long hair there's no such thing as "bed-head" . Wake up , drag a comb through it , go to work . Now that I have short hair , I often have "hat days" where the bed-head's so bad I haven't the time to fix it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
              What about a skull cap? http://www.skullcapcity.com/
              Hey, now that's clever and quick. Cool! Thanks, Astro!

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
              When I had real long hair and it was not braided or ponttail I just tilted my head back when putting on my helmet, then tucked the rest in my jacket.
              Thanks, Hardly (And Zuma)--I wasn't sure that would work, or whether the hair would get just as snarled rubbing around under there.

This will simplify things for my (long-haired) family members no end!

Originally posted by BIGKATDOG View Post
              Wear a beanie or bandana! I have short hair but I wear a bandana everytime.
              Thanks, Katdog; I'll file that away with the "skullcap" reference above. An extra step, maybe, but not an annoying one. And the look is "old school", too.

Cheers!

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
              when my hair is long enough, i do a little twist and tuck job under my helmet... or use bobby pins (but those usually end up getting knocked by the helmet when its put on, and i later find they have fallen out of my hair, and into my jacket somehow)

i don't mind the bangs poking out a little, makes me feel a little girlier
              Thanks, KK! This is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. When you tucked your hair under your helmet, did it bunch up and change the fit of the helmet (making it feel, maybe, less secure)?

I chuckled when I saw your comment about bangs making you feel girlier--it reminded me of an old B.C. cartoon (which I can't find right now). The long-haired curvy cavewoman asks Johnny Hart (the smart-*** caveman) what he would think if she became a feminist. He replies coolly that he couldn't stand it. When prodded by the puzzled cavewoman, he replied with a leer: "'Cause you're already the feminist broad I know!". I wish I could find the strip--it works better visually.

Cheers!

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              Sported the pony tail for YEARS . Make sure you have extra bands . One long ponytail will get REALLY tangled , so add extra bands .
              VERY cool, MD, and I love the visual to go with it. Bravo, and thanks!

Uh-oh, Bill. Um...I'm betting when you were cutting it 5/8" and 1/8" you also learned the phrase: "Duck and cover"?

I'll just watch how this plays out, OK?
              Last edited by Absyn-thesis; 05-04-2009, 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
                ...Uh-oh, Bill. Um...I'm betting when you were cutting it 5/8" and 1/8" you also learned the phrase: "Duck and cover"?

I'll just watch how this plays out, OK?
                You'd win that bet! Still cutting it that length and I'll probably keep on doing it when I finally retire. (Any time I feel like it now) MD86 is wrong. You don't get bed-head if the hair is short enough. It's only when it starts getting a little shaggy that it can move enough for bed-head! Of course if yoou cut it too short there's other problems. I remember when it was all 1/16" (in basic) and the pillow case would stick to my head like velcro. Very annoying...
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

<CAUTION> post whoring in progress!!

Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I'm also the twist-and-tuck kinda guy.

I just pull it back, tie it off, twist it, tuck it up under a do-rag (which I'd wear anyway, easier liner to wash) and pull the helm on.

The few times I've ridden with it down, it got mighty tangled. Likely not enough bands ><

Mine's not terribly long; mid-back or so, it manages under the lid pretty well.

--B

Comment

Right now my hair is long (mid back) and pretty much all the same length. I pull it back in a ponytail and wear a bandanna. Sometimes I wear the bandanna as a do rag or sometimes I roll it into more of a headband. I haven't found a "cute" skull cap or beanie that I like so far but am still on the hunt. I'm a girl it has to be cute.

I do know that wearing long hair down is a VERY bad idea even with a helmet. Took me two days and a lot of conditioner to get the tangles out the first time.
                      sigpic

“Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.”

Immanuel Kant

Comment

Skullies and pony tails always work well for us (we both have shoulder length or longer hair). They also have silkies for those who don't want to mess up thier doo's. It's all a matter of personal taste.
                        Last edited by uniquelyme; 05-04-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post

Thanks, KK! This is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. When you tucked your hair under your helmet, did it bunch up and change the fit of the helmet (making it feel, maybe, less secure)?
                          i have super fine hair, so it doesn't really feel much different from keeping it down =)
                          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

My girl uses a buff (like the ones on Survivor)

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

MD86 is wrong. You don't get bed-head if the hair is short enough. It's only when it starts getting a little shaggy that it can move enough for bed-head!
                              Yeah , after having hair that went most of the way down my back and below my chin for years , anything above the eyebrow in front and above the neck in back I consider short .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I keep mine shorter than I would like these days because it fits my teaching job, but it's long for teachers out here. Another reason is because with no restrictions, I'd probably grow it so long that I'd have to climb into a tree to (go to the restroom) in order to keep it clean, and there aren't many trees out here.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X