X

Rider Mag touts Zook Gladius as replacement for Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider Mag touts Zook Gladius as replacement for Kat

Read the new Rider Mag and read an article on the New Zook Gladuis and it seems that they are touting this one as a replacement for the Kat.

Can't quite agree with this as it is a naked bike and uses the SV650 engine tuned for better low/mid range.

Only similarity I can find is that both are named after swords.

Your thoughts....
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Saw pics and read a short blurb . Didn't tickle muh fancy .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

its ugly

Comment

Various write up's I've seen tout it as a girls' bike, an inner-city commuter, a cheap weekend bike, and a starter bike. All of them tended to agree that (given their staff actually rode it) it had mediocre suspension, but unless pushed to 9/10ths, it was more than adequate and a fantastic deal for the money.

Now, would I say it's a replacement for the Kat in the line-up? I don't think so -- that's the role of the GSX650F.

I've looked at it in person (BikeWeek) and I think they'll sell well to those short-of-inseam-who-don't-want-a-cruiser. It was prettier in person than in the mags.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I test rode one last week.. White and pink ......blech
          my GF is very interested in this bike though
          its just a toned down SV650 with lady or shorter rider freindly ergos/height...

She pointed out the head light looks like a...puzzy lol
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I Just dont see it.. Doesn't look much like a replacement for the kat. maybe its just me.

Comment

Not so much a Kat replacement.... More like a Duc-copy

Lemme know if ya see any resemblance...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Give me a model with some fairings and I might consider it....

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks you hardlydangerous. lol i can't look at that headlight the same.

And holy wow does it look like the Ducati.

And no, not a kat replacement, like cyberpoet said, the gsx650f is doin that.
                  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                  Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                  My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                  He is the best there was and ever been.
                  RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    Various write up's I've seen tout it as a girls' bike, an inner-city commuter, a cheap weekend bike, and a starter bike. All of them tended to agree that (given their staff actually rode it) it had mediocre suspension, but unless pushed to 9/10ths, it was more than adequate and a fantastic deal for the money.
                    Interesting...sounds like somebody I know...
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X