X

mileage for a '97 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage for a '97 600?

120 miles and 2.19 gallons. (Now that I have an odo reset knob!)
    I'm impressed.

Or is this unusual? (pretty sure I'm not hallucinating).

I get about 45 mpg

Comment

Re: mileage for a '97 600?

You're looking at around 54.5 mpg...

Yes, it's unusual, esp for a non-California model. I suspect:
      You either rode it very relaxed without much stopping (such as wandering state highways).
      Or filled it up more the first time than the second (different amounts fit in on the sidestand than the centerstand, etc).
      Or because your front tire is a different size than the original stock tire and the mileage is off as a result.
      Or some combination of the above.

Awesome mileage

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I got 53 mpg on the way to deals gap and on the way back. this was on I 77 and I 81 on to I 40. We ran 70 to 75 constantly.
        Barry

Comment

I was getting 50+ mpg easily on my 92 1100 when it was finely tuned. This was relaxed highway miles and I calculated it several times on road trips. But I could also get as low as 25 or so when I was beating on it. It all depends on how you ride.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: mileage for a '97 600?

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            You're looking at around 54.5 mpg...

You either rode it very relaxed without much stopping (such as wandering state highways).
            Or filled it up more the first time than the second (different amounts fit in on the sidestand than the centerstand, etc).
            Or because your front tire is a different size than the original stock tire and the mileage is off as a result.
            Or some combination of the above.
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Actually, there was a fair amount of meandering, alongwith with many stops at several stop signs to discuss the "where the hell are we now" and "do we go left or right". So it wasn't just highway miles. I didn't have the bike on the stand either time (stood the bike straight), and filled it up to the top both times.
            The tires are stock sizes (I imagine you don't remember the posts, but I agonized over stock vs a size larger, in at least a couple of posts here and on another forum!).
            Will check it again this coming weekend. I keep repeating myself, but thanks to Special K for the odo reset knob!

Comment

i got 54 mpg but it was all highway time.
              Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Not sure what I get, but i can go about 145 miles per tank.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have had over 50 mpg...... and that was IN MY CAR I haven't seen mileage that high on the bike.
                  Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Not sure what I get, but i can go about 145 miles per tank.
                    145 miles /tank?

Doesn't sound right. Tank's about 5.4 gal right?

Comment

I get maybe 45 mpg. I bet if it was geared back to stock, and tuned really well I could get 55 out of it.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I can usually get 175 miles on a tank (and that's after just hitting the reserve). Equates to 45 mpg. I've calculated three times and all have been right around 45. That's probably 70% highway and 30% city.
                        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

'90 Kat 600 with 99,985 km - Dyno'd 67 rear wheel hp.

I get almost 69 MPG if I rider conservatively.
                          55' ish if I am on and off the trottle in the twisties.

-Grimmy
                          Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Working...
                          X