X

Y pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y pipe

does anyone on here make or now where i could find a y pipe for our bikes. i have a 91 kat 600 and basically i bought a hindle slip on, for rank cheap, and now i wanna use the stock piping thats there but only on one side. so i wanna

^
    ^
    ^^
    ^ ^
    ^ ^
    ^ ^

pipe like that, could any one make one, just a pipe that connects both header but to one side only. thanks , sorry if i sound stupid a S*** im canadian lol

Originally posted by Phat Kat View Post
    does anyone on here make or now where i could find a y pipe for our bikes. i have a 91 kat 600 and basically i bought a hindle slip on, for rank cheap, and now i wanna use the stock piping thats there but only on one side. so i wanna

^
    ^
    ^^
    ^ ^
    ^ ^
    ^ ^

pipe like that, could any one make one, just a pipe that connects both header but to one side only. thanks , sorry if i sound stupid a S*** im canadian lol
    You will have to either...

1. Make the connection using several pieces (check auto zone or advance for some pieces) and weld them together or...

2. Got to an exhaust shop and have them make the setup for you.

I don't think there is going to be a off the shelf fit.. it's a custom make.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i was more so hoping someone on here would be capable of making one lol. but ya im goin to the exhaust shop tomorrow.

Comment

Most riders who want single-sided exhausts on a pre-98 tend to swap to the 98+ headers (which does require some additional changes, like either denting them or swapping oil pans). The aftermarket headers for the pre-98 also take the bike to single-sided...

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

will the 750 98+ headers fit a 750 Pre?

Comment

Yes, if you...

1. dent the collector to use the stock oil pan

or

2. Swap to a post oil pan on the pre.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X