X

torn b/w a 06 kat 750 and 05 cbrf4i600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torn b/w a 06 kat 750 and 05 cbrf4i600

ahhhhhhhhh... the cbr is sporty yet comfortable.. from what i hear. i havent sat on it. it already has all the mods that i want and its sellin for 5,000 obo. it has 6,150 miles on it.

the kat is soo nice though. black 06 3,800 miles on it. but its completely stock. its selling for 4500 obo.

i also want to ride 2 up with my gf. im about 180 shes 125.. ..the cbr600 might be a bit too weak.

i want a sporty/comfy bike... if i get the kat at a good price..maybe 4100.. i still gotta put an exhaust on it so it sounds purrrrttyyyy... hate that shovel on the back of it too....

i know this is silly bc this is a KAT forum and dont think people here care too much for a cbrf4i.. just wanted to post this up before studied for finals....i always get good advice here so i know you guys will come through. i just texted the guy with the cbr to see if he had it..if he says no that means i did all this for nothing...HA!

man if the insurance wouldnt be so high on that bike....... thats what i originally wanted.... but i dont know the how may pounds it can carry but i know its more powerful then the kat....

Comment

im not worried about the insurance. i had a kat 600 and with my girl on it that thing didnt move that fast

Comment

i prefer, if i have a choice. to get o stock bike over one that's already been molested for a few reasons(don't know for sure who did the work, was the work done to sovle damage done by a heavy throttle, and would the aftermarket upgrade that was done have been my same pick of the parts manufacturer litter), even enought to say if the cbr was the stock one , i would get it over the kat .and that also depends on if you're gonna do enough 2 uping to make it a decidng factor (as petite as your girl is i wouldn't be worried on the cbr).
        thoughts create things

Comment

cbr

Comment

I think that the Kat 750 is better for 2 up riding,... more comfortable seat for both rider and passenger as well - especially if you are planning on doing any long rides.
            ROCP

Comment

Originally posted by mezalaja View Post
              I think that the Kat 750 is better for 2 up riding,... more comfortable seat for both rider and passenger as well - especially if you are planning on doing any long rides.
              Yup, but the cbr would poo all over the kat 750 performance wise.

Comment

My advice is strictly based on the kind of riding you do and your inseam length and your gf's height.

The F4i is a shorter, more powerful bike, with a bit better handling, but with not nearly as nice ergonomics, not as good passenger accommodations (esp. if she's only a little shorter -- within 2.5" of your height or as tall as you), and not nearly as good all-weather protection. This is great for short fun squirts around your area, as a have-fun bike and for short distance riding (an hour or two max). It will cost more to run in virtually every sense (given both bikes are in good mechanical condition to start out with) -- more tires, more chains, more fluids.

The Kat is a bigger, taller, heavier bike with less power and a bit less handling prowess, but much better ergonomics, better weather protection and far better rear passenger comfort. It also has a much simpler-to-maintain, longer-living engine (Kat's can easily see 100k miles if maintained; rare for an F4i to see even 2/3rds of that). It's the far better all-weather commuter and long-haul ride for longer road-trips (that weekend getaway for example), and the heavier weight means better road-holding on bad pavement.

But if your inseam is under about 30", go with the F4i...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X