X

Nuts and Bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts and Bolts

Are the nuts and bolts on a 2001 Katana 600 American or Metric? Also what is the best way to clean a KN air filter?

Metric... it's a metric bike.

Best way to clean a K&N filter is to buy the K&N filter cleaning kit. It comes with a cleaning solution and the special oil that makes the K&N filter. If you don't re-oil it, it will be worthless.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Also might want to just ditch the K&N and go with a factory stock air filter, especially if you've noticed some hesitation somewhere in the midrange. K&N's and the Katana's CV carbs are notirious for not palying well together. lol
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
        If you don't re-oil it, it will be worthless.
        It was worthless the day it came off the assembly line.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

cold blood scotty , you don't like k&n's stuff?(btw yeah it's metric, here in the u s were still going by the old king system(yay!)
          thoughts create things

Comment

While the K&N recharger kit is the best way to clean an K&N, you'll find your 98+ Kat runs better with the OEM filter (period). The kat will also last longer if you switch back.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's it , I'm throwin my pods back on the Kat just because ......
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                That's it , I'm throwin my pods back on the Kat just because ......
                You do that... and upgrade to a 98+ while you're at it, because I don't comment about the pre's...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X