X

Heated grips, highly recommended

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated grips, highly recommended

If someone is wondering if they should buy new gloves or install heated grips, go for the grips.

Last weekend i installed a pretty cheap model (38 euros / 40 $) and the difference is hughe. Now i can ride with the normal leather gloves even though the temperature is around freezing, no problem.

My personal opinion is that this also makes it safer to ride as you can use the normal gloves and all your fingers work as they should.

+1
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Amen!

Best mod I've done to my bike, comfort-wise =D

--B

Comment

Nuttin likem. I have them on my Softail. With that bike
        my arms are stretched and hands out front. This is
        bad for circulation. The heated grips keeps
        the blood flowing. I will install them on the Kat in the fall.
        shooter
        http://www.streetshooter.us

If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything.

Vice President
        http://www.friendsoftheforgotten.org

Comment

There's a kimpex set for about $22 cdn, nothing fancy. 2 elements that go under the stock grips, and a hi/lo switch. But like you said they are awesome on those cold morning or night rides. They don't put out a massive amount of heat, but enough to help keep the chill off your fingers.
          Kyle

Comment

good to know

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
              There's a kimpex set for about $22 cdn, nothing fancy. 2 elements that go under the stock grips, and a hi/lo switch. But like you said they are awesome on those cold morning or night rides. They don't put out a massive amount of heat, but enough to help keep the chill off your fingers.
              I put the Kimpex set in wired with 12 gauge wire from the battery and they get too hot on high after about 10 minutes.
              Love'm
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                I put the Kimpex set in wired with 12 gauge wire from the battery and they get too hot on high after about 10 minutes.
                Love'm
                well thats just a matter of more current flow. which also means dont leave them on after turning engine off or will drain the battery

The better you wire them the better they work

Comment

I've pondered heated grips for a while now. Sure would make coming home at night more enjoyable.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I live here in the North West, Portland Oregon. We have only have about 3 solid months at best of REAL good weather, but I like to ride year round. And although I have several gloves, for any riding situation, I absolutley LOVE my heated grips, nothing better. I cant believe how I rode with out them on my previous bikes. One of the best mods/additions I've ever done. Go with the grips man. It's a no brainer.
                    Get out and ride!

Comment

live in florida, no need..

Comment

OMG i don't know what i would have done without kimpex heated grips on my trip to Portland! they work wonders. tops of your hands are alil cold but your palm is sweating. worked wonders. it was 39* and at 90mph on the freeway in the mountains its like 19*F. my hands were fine!
                        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by theSarge View Post
                          live in florida, no need..

Although I live in Florida, I do ride in January, when the weather is often at or under freezing (we're graced that under 45 degrees means zero rain and clear skies by definition normally). Then again, I have ridden in the middle of a German winter as well...

I like grip heaters, but I prefer heated gloves that heat across the backside of the hand (where the heat-loss normally happens) if I'm riding in seriously cold (sub-freezing) weather.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I got Oxford's . and yes , it IS nice being able to wear summer-weight gloves when it's 30* out . They get hot enough that I CAN'T keep them on high unless it's below 30*f , or my hands sweat , and I have to let go . and they'll burn your bare hands . But after 2 years the knob on the control pod fell off . They still work , I just have to unplug them as they're wired straight to the battery and I can't turn them off anymore .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                            X