X

Anyone in Indy be willing to help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Indy be willing to help?

I've been the proud owner of a 95 600 for about 3 years, riding the wheels off of it. After getting it out of storage this year and doing the standard carb clean, synch, reassemble, I've hit a snag that makes me want to ride it into a dumpster and call it a day. It wont idle, no vacuum leaks, idle screws set, no cables stuck. It's driving me nuts. I've researched and I can either get it to idle at 3krpms or it'll die. I'm at my wits end. I was hoping that maybe there was someone in the area more knowledgable than I that would be willing to help before I grab a bottle of lube and head to a mechanic that tells me I need to replace everything instead of attempting a repair. I have researched and attempted everything, I am officially completely over it. Anyone in the area willing to help for dinner,beer, etc?
    1995 Kat 600

I don't live too far away from you, new castle but I'm trying to get mine going lol. I don't know a whole lot about bikes just go by the manual haha.

Comment

are you sure the carbs are clean? specifically the pilot jets.

Comment

Clean the carbs and ride on.....
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I cleaned the carbs twice and saw daylight through the pilot jets. I would think they are clean as I followed the carb 101 post and clean the cars on my old bike and never had a problem. I will clean them again and see how things go. It just ildes at 3k after removing choke and runs like poop throughout the rpm range.
          1995 Kat 600

Comment

Working...
          X