Interchangeable years for seats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangeable years for seats

Hello everyone,

I got a really nice Katana this weekend and got her in my garage now. The solo seat is on it right now with a cover thats not removeable. He crimped the metal around the old seat. Any one know the years that are interchangable with seats?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Mozzy View Post
    Hello everyone,

I got a really nice Katana this weekend and got her in my garage now. The solo seat is on it right now with a cover thats not removeable. He crimped the metal around the old seat. Any one know the years that are interchangable with seats?

Thanks for your help!

88-97 600s only for 600s
    89-97 750s only for 750s
    98+ fits any 98+

Other years I don't know, and you didn't specify what yours was. Might wanna update the garage to say....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy View Post
      solo seat
      I assume pre-600.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ya, this is a 2004 witha solo seat cowl. but the cowl is sorta permanently attached. I just want to make sure that i can buy any seat as its replacement?

Comment

Don't the posts have the banana seat? The cowl should be covering the rear section of the seat.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yes the seat is under the cowl
            the cowl can come off
            any 98+ seat will work
            so many roads so little time

Comment

WOW, that is a sweet Kat. Cambridge, MA or Ont?
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

you got pics of this seat? I am curious to see it

Comment

2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                    WOW, that is a sweet Kat. Cambridge, MA or Ont?
                    it's got a Hindle, I'm guessing Ont

Comment

thanks guys for the comments.

I am from ONTARIO.

Ya, I fell in love with this bike and if i were to tell you how much i paid, most would be envious.

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                      the cowl can come off
                      Actually, the cowl has been attached by taking L brackets that would usually be screwed in and crimping it to the seat. Its permenately attached unless I wanted to break the metal.
                      Last edited by Mozzy; 04-28-2009, 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you know if you want a non cowl seat- i got one sitting here doing nothing..
                        maybe a trade?

Comment

Ha ha....

you should just pick up the cowl for a hundred bucks or so. Actually, I know someone who might sell the cowl for probably 120US if your interested.

Let me know if your interested.

I love the look of the cowl, its just when i want to have a passanger, I want to be able ot com pletely replace my seat and cowl. Hence, I am going to buy a full replacement seat.

Thanks,

brandon

OKAY ... FOR sale is one primed solo seat cowl like mine.

I am selling it for a friend for 120 US obo shipping included to most places. Please pm me if you are interested.
                          Last edited by Mozzy; 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

120 CDN ?, and I'll pick it up if your friend is in Cambridge area.
                            2000 Katana 600
                            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
                            X