X

Do they look okay or out of place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they look okay or out of place?

So I was showing my Dad some of the small stuff I have done in my garage to make the bike look a little better-one being I removed the reflectors on front and of course when I cut the rear fender down the rear reflectors went with it....
    I thought that the reflective tape that the bike had on the swingarm on the rear was enough, in combination with the slight reflective quality of the large blinkers up front was sufficient being as I don't just pull out in front of people especially at night and consider myself to be a safe driver (though I do have lots of fun)........
    That being said my Father is an old-school longtime biker (and cop who goes by the book), been on many a kawi's and zuk's from the 70s, still rides with me on occasion-he flips out and makes a big deal about not having reflectors for safety reasons-"you need to be seen at night, I don't care how bright your tailight is and your reflective tape and blinkers are is good but not enough-put reflectors back on son, please?"..............
    Heeding my fathers advice, but not necessarily wanting to go back to stock, I bought these cheap adhesive backed reflectors from O'reilly's, and stuck them on.....
    I am getting used to them, but wondering what you other Kat owners think? Do they look clean enough, or should I go back to stock up front and deal with the rears or what do you guys do for reflective purposes (besides reflective gear, and wheel tape)

I know it may be a trivial issue, but you know....just want your thoughts
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

its better than stock....what does your dad think?

Comment

could save you a ticket
      my rear reflectors are behind my licence plate on a L bracket
      you can not see them from behind
      yours looks ok and always good to be scene
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

nice looking Kat...what yr it it?
        1999 220 KDX
        2003 450 KTM
        2003 Softail Std
        2000 Katana 750
        2004 ZZR1200

Comment

I guess I'm gonna be that guy. Tell your dad to **** off, it's your bike.

Or is his name on the title, living at home etc...?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They look fine to me, very unobtrusive.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              I guess I'm gonna be that guy. Tell your dad to **** off, it's your bike.

Or is his name on the title, living at home etc...?
              its cool all comments are welcome bro
              -no I own all my own vehicles, paid, no one else on title but the wife, and he lives 45 min away....truth be told he just has good advice usually being that hes' been around a while-and though I have had many many disagreements over the years some current, I just figured I would give him a little peace of mind for now as he is just voicing concern because the last time his boy had a bike he and his wife almost got killed by someone who pulled out in front of us...so he thinks the extra visibility is worth it...
              also he is a cop and its required to have them in some places(that I could care less about though as most cops don't **** about it) so its just natural I guess for him to think that way
              I may end up taking them off anyways who knows kinda just seeing how they look....kinda undecided myself...
              Last edited by jettajake00; 04-25-2009, 06:37 PM.
              vwvortex.com : jettajake00
              midmoriders.com :jettajake00
              Go Cardinals!

Comment

I think they look good, that might be a route I go someday. But the reality is, a biker must do everything in their power to be seen. Really, what looks worse: reflectors on your bike, or scars all over your arse?
                sigpic

Comment

i think they look fine!
                  sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                  k9 GSX-R 600
                  GO VOLS!

Comment

I think they look ok to better than stock

Comment

I still have every stock reflector on my bike, and really haven't planned to change it. Mostly as it doesn't bother me.

But i think for the most part, by the time that any reflector on the side is seen, you are already in the danger zone.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

They look petty good, if you wouldnt have told me they werent stock I wouldnt have known.
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

they look fine. But like barmatt said. By the time someone sees that they're in the danger zone.
                          Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

Comment

they look good bro

Comment

I used reflective tape on my forks, if you look at my garage, that spells Katana. That stuff shines like crazy when a light flashes on them. Not the same as the orange though.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X